• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is The Stock Price Dropping?

Jim G

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think your post is the only one i saw that said you sold some of your stock. i was'nt able to find a broker that would handle mine so i could sell. has anyone else been able to sell? if so,what broker did you use?

I wanted to sell as soon as I saw how ridiculously overvalued the stock had become. Unfortunately, it took me a while to get my stock certificate, and then to get Scottrade to accept it for trading. I eventually sold the 1,000 shares I had bought for $12,000.00 for $22,000.00, and am waiting on a better entry point to get back in. I'd love to get back in at $9.00, but don't know if that will ever happen. The reason I chose $9.00 is because I still have my $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit at risk, and would love to cover that as well as get back in with 1,000 shares without coming out of pocket. We'll see if I get that opportunity, but I remain committed to being an Elio VEHICLE owner even if I don't ever get to become an Elio SHAREHOLDER.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I recall that number was $6/share, but that's based purely on memory and would be at best second hand information. I think it came up when people on some mailing lists were getting cold calls from a private placement broker.
Six dollars and share with the price it was expected to be but it was not made available at that price until after the start engine campaign ended when it could have easily be offered as a stock, it was pegged at $12. They did that to offset the cost of doing business through start engine, which was 100 bucks per transaction as I recall regardless of the number of shares involved. Since they had already set the minimum shareholding at 50, $300 would have made it an extremely expensive way to do business.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where is a 'LOVE' button. YES, Elio stock recovered today, closed at $17.30 with 4263 volume. But, so did the big markets.
Lilly'sLuvButton.jpg

Top Bottom