• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is The Stock Price Dropping?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stock prices were rising, in part because shareholders were facing problems getting their shares to a point they could actually trade them causing a supply disruption. A Supply shortage drives prices UP. The actual value can only be determined by the market when the disruptions in both supply and demand have been solved and you get a fair market price discovery. I thought that was about to occur until a few more problems were reported from brokers who initially had traded and took Elio off their approved list. Probably from uncertainty rather than problems. Being the first in a class (Reg A+) has disadvantages as you are the learning curve.

My suspicion is that it will settle close to the initial share pricing of $12/share, but I could be very wrong.
Could be $12 or even less! Remember the bigger picture, see the forest from the trees!!!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
The answer to the question "why the stock is price dropping?" is the same as the answer to "why did the stock appreciate so fast?" Speculation.

There have been no real fundamental changes on which to base large swings in the price. But, the stock market rarely is driven by facts. Fear, greed, hope, and a need for liquidity? Absolutely. Data? Only sometimes.

Hi ACEPickles, the above is the best answer for your question, IMO.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I never paid much attention to anything on "jalopnick". Stupid name in my opinion, and being thick like I am if I think something sounds stupid, I tend to not pay it much mind and to stay away. Its the child in me that just won't grow up.

As far as VTOL goes, it may come to pass in my lifetime but I don't think within my budget. I much prefer this type of vehicle:

http://pal-v.com/

It licensed some of the tilting tech from Carver, which I always though was a cool car, too bad it folded.

Again, probably not in my budget either, so I think I'll stick with my Elio. I can always paint wings on the side...

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am with you up to your last sentence. We have the Roush collaboration and pre-production fleet sales. Roush brings credibility to the suspension development and the fleet sales clarification reveal the depth of the testing regime. Those two items are worth something in my estimation. Not a $63 premium, but something.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am with you up to your last sentence. We have the Roush collaboration and pre-production fleet sales. Roush brings credibility to the suspension development and the fleet sales clarification reveal the depth of the testing regime. Those two items are worth something in my estimation. Not a $63 premium, but something.
Agree completely, have you considered the revolutionary way that we will be able to buy options a la carte, all this can be watched on U tube, the videos update almost daily right now with the N.Y. Auto Show press conferences about e plus and my elio, my way, both revolutionary in the way we buy cars. Have you considered that only 75 mpg highway is the magic number I've read to get the DOE ATVM loan. And I've read there's a plan b as well. Look how expensive Tesla got on speculation on nasdaq, no shortage of shares. Wish I had two nickels for that IPO at $17. Elio at least is not a limited market, mass appeal for a 21st century people's car. Mobility is transformational!!!

Top Bottom