• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wtf!?! Oh Yeah! It's On!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trying to find a small patch of land East or South East of Denver with no HOA. Not much luck at this point but we'll keep looking!

I don't understand why everyone hates HOAs so much. Been on the BoD of one for 13 years and was President for 8 years.
You need to understand your CC&Rs and make sure they don't allow your officers too much authority.
It should be your Association and you should control it. It shouldn't control you.
Our CC&Rs are 23 pages. 6 pages say what you can and can't do. The other 17 say what the limits on the Associations authority is.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone hates HOAs so much. Been on the BoD of one for 13 years and was President for 8 years.
You need to understand your CC&Rs and make sure they don't allow your officers too much authority.
It should be your Association and you should control it. It shouldn't control you.
Our CC&Rs are 23 pages. 6 pages say what you can and can't do. The other 17 say what the limits on the Associations authority is.
May daughter has one that limits plantings to native plants. I had one that tried to control just about everything and you had to get approval form a designs committee in Nebraska. After 9 years they started charging us $100 per plan, we moved. Now I have covenants, that I have to take the violators to court to have them enforced because the governing body no longer exists. We can't even get 10 property owners to agree on a vote to keep the covenants or abolish them. That's why I hate HOAs and covenant controlled neighborhoods.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have squirrels, but more dangerous are the raccoons and 'possums that have little or no fear of humans. Sitting on the patio a couple of nights ago, the cat snuggled up to me wanting his usual scratch. In the darkness, I couldn't see him, but when I looked down and my eyes adapted to the darkness a bit, I discovered what I was about to pet had big brown eyes . . . and a mask.

After several weeks of rain, now it's 'gators coming up our bayous. This guy was captured just a couple of blocks from my house . . .

622x350.jpg

I'll let you know if one crawls down a vent stack.
My .45-70 Govt. would take care of that critter. Looks tasty. Fire up the grill!;)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ya suppose we could scale that up for politicians?

And HOA Nazi's . Those buggers. They make $25 off any infringements they find. I think they have that as a business model or something. One little tiny weed and bang I get slapped with $25 for the month. How did they even see it? It also gives persnickety neighbors a way to get at you.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And HOA Nazi's . Those buggers. They make $25 off any infringements they find. I think they have that as a business model or something. One little tiny weed and bang I get slapped with $25 for the month. How did they even see it? It also gives persnickety neighbors a way to get at you.
Probably have a reward system for whistle blowers ...... :director:

Top Bottom