• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

04/04/15 - Technology Tell -we Lay Eyes On The Elio At Ny International Auto Show

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope they are not run flat tires, had on BMW and they make low resistance tires seem good. Would be better to change out factory tires for something better, even if you lose a couple of MPG's. Trouble is, it would be hard to get a good deal on three tires, especially two different sizes.
Tire Rack www.tirerack.com will sell you mix and match any size you want. Shipping is that bad either; they you'll have to find someone to mount them for you. I don't think a pair of tire irons would work real well.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope they are not run flat tires, had on BMW and they make low resistance tires seem good. Would be better to change out factory tires for something better, even if you lose a couple of MPG's. Trouble is, it would be hard to get a good deal on three tires, especially two different sizes.
I'm more worried about it being a specialized tire and the high MPG ones will be our only choice. When I say we got pot holes from HECK here, I'm not exaggerating. On the plus side, if they get much deeper maybe the Chinese will fill them in for us.

What was wrong with the run flat tires?

Graemexx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm more worried about it being a specialized tire and the high MPG ones will be our only choice. When I say we got pot holes from HECK here, I'm not exaggerating. On the plus side, if they get much deeper maybe the Chinese will fill them in for us.

What was wrong with the run flat tires?
In Toronto we get big potholes every spring. With run flats having such strong side walls it makes for a poor ride. I broke a rim on average once a year. I used to average one flat a year. The total cost would be about fifteen hundred dollars. I removed the run flats three years ago and have not broken a rim or had a flat since. Every flat I had was non repairable. The ride is so much better. There is a lawsuit against BMW for installing run flats.

Top Bottom