• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

04/06/2015 - Octa Finance - Elio Motors Inc Just Filed Form D Announcing $3000 Million Financing

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is interesting and we have actually discussed this in another thread when the original filing was made. The part about the commission is pretty straight forward as the broker needs to be paid and they will be paid a percentage for what they sell up to $3 million if they sell all $30 million which we all hope they do. On the form EM must disclose proposed or expected payments up to that amount however as this is an estimate it does not mean that EM will actually spend all that amount. Also by law this amount must be listed for any payment to the board members or any legal entities these have interest in. So this number of up to $4 million could also be payments for services rendered to EM by board members' companies. Then we have things such as any loans given by board members to EM being paid back or as mentioned standard fees and salaries. Thanks to all this it is really not very easy to determine what is going on with that money.

It is highly likely that EM is well aware of what their net proceeds from this round of funding will be and have planned accordingly to cover what they need to complete their goals for these funds. As usual when it comes to things like this we just do not enough information to draw and real conclusions even if may be interesting to discuss. The reality is that as usual our best bet is to sit back and enjoy the show. :)
I suspect services performed by their companies and loans from them would be handled differently and not included on this document which is probably referring to the standard fees and salaries. These people may have been not paid for a while and payment is overdue. They have wealth and do not need daily incomes like we do. People of wealth often work on things they like or "believe in". ( I am not sure "believe in" is a popular term on this website.)

Regardless, I am sure it is on the up-and-up. However I wish it could have been handled differently with money coming from elsewhere. I fear people may get the wrong impression when they read this on this document.

Top Bottom