• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/7/2015 - Tech Talk V50 - How Is Elio's Internet Connectivity Different?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Tech Talk v50
View this email in your browser
83468eef-7e35-4e13-897e-736414932a0d.jpg
The Elio “E-Live” Internet Vehicle:
Empowering drivers with Internet-connected tools on their own terms

It’s your vehicle. Shouldn’t you choose how to connect?

Let’s face it. We live in a connected world, and the vehicle you drive is no exception. Smartphones, iPads, laptops – even connected watches – are changing the way consumers connect with the world. It makes sense that the next evolution is to connect your vehicle to these devices.

e8a9d09d-e2d0-417c-9538-a70fd5ea01f4.png

For Elio Motors, it means providing the “E-Live” Elio vehicle, powered by Infinite Skyz technology. This system, available as an option when we launch later this year, will connect our customers, their Elio and their devices, providing a wide range of productivity, safety and convenience options.

Of course at Elio Motors, we like to be just a little different. Because, it isn’t our vehicle. It’s your vehicle. We want you to pick the things that best fit your own lifestyle.

We’ll offer our “E-Live” options much like we offer our other vehicle options. Individually.

Traditional OEMs put option packages together that force customers to buy things they don’t want or need. Want a sunroof? Then you gotta get the vanity mirror. It shouldn’t work that way.

Here’s how it might work for the Elio E-Live: Have a teen driver? Pick the E-Live option that provides GPS tracking. Using the Elio for business? Then opt for the feature that lets you track business miles and expenses.

e5572a49-72f0-423d-a3f2-35aa75654d31.jpg

The E-live platform is sure to evolve over time. After all, technology improves quickly. But, here are just a few of the options we are likely to offer at launch.
  • E-Secure-- The Elio security system will allow consumers to remotely lock, locate and inspect the environment around their vehicle. The system will allow the consumer to visually inspect the vehicle surroundings via an optional camera, this can be accomplished remotely via iPhone or iPad.
  • E-Vision—Utilizing an iPad Mini, the E-Vision turns the iPad Mini into a complete back up and driving camera system, allowing the driver to see a full 180 degrees to the side and rear of the vehicle.
  • E-Navigate---Utilizing and iPad Mini or IPhone, the E-Navigate system allows consumers to use the latest navigation system, with updates.
  • E-Audio—The E-Audio application allows the consumer to build a customized entertainment interface and to select their favorite music providers.
  • E-Tools—E-Tools allows consumers to select a wide variety of driving, business and productivity apps. From tracking miles for taxes to organizing travel data for expense reports, E-Tools offers all of the best business and personal applications.
  • E-Doctor—E-Doctor is a series of diagnostic and maintenance applications that are integrated into the sensor system. From tracking RPM’S, oil to tire pressure to much more, this system will help the consumer keep their Elio healthy.
Of course, that’s just the beginning. Like we said…technology moves quickly. That’s why we made the platform flexible enough to add new features and the latest technology upgrades. Not only does it evolve as technology evolves, it can evolve as your lifestyle evolves too. We’re excited to bring this technology to market and can’t wait to see what the engineering team comes up with next.
23e0b01f-8f1b-46ca-b65c-9b12f2c1b348.jpg

dirtbag

Reaction score
I've been subscribed to Elio's mailing list for a while now. I get tons of updates on endless new features and options they plan on offering, and without trying to sound "too blunt".... I hope these options aren't a cause for delay to get the vehicle into production, because in my opinion when I hear things like this is a little concerning.

I have cash, ready to buy when the vehicle gets released. I personally don't care about a "feature rich" vehicle. The initial concept of a point A to point B, fun to drive, unique vehicle is plenty for me. I don't fiddle with distractions while I'm driving, this sounds to be one, and honestly a rather expensive option. Just make sure you incorporate a tach, speedometer, oil pressure, and temp gauge to the instrument cluster. Analog preferred. Thanks.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been subscribed to Elio's mailing list for a while now. I get tons of updates on endless new features and options they plan on offering, and without trying to sound "too blunt".... I hope these options aren't a cause for delay to get the vehicle into production, because in my opinion when I hear things like this is a little concerning.

from post 1 above : "For Elio Motors, it means providing the “E-Live” Elio vehicle, powered by Infinite Skyz technology. This system, available as an option when we launch later this year, will connect our customers, their Elio and their devices, providing a wide range of productivity, safety and convenience options." .... this is the second EM release I've seen that contains a direct statement that they plan to be in production later this year .... to me that seems to indicate they have a pretty clear handle on the way things are going

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

I have cash, ready to buy when the vehicle gets released. I personally don't care about a "feature rich" vehicle. The initial concept of a point A to point B, fun to drive, unique vehicle is plenty for me. I don't fiddle with distractions while I'm driving, this sounds to be one, and honestly a rather expensive option. Just make sure you incorporate a tach, speedometer, oil pressure, and temp gauge to the instrument cluster. Analog preferred. Thanks.

Welcome dirtbag!:) (Wow, that is a lot of fun for a moderator to be able to write :cool:)

One of the beauties of the Elio Motors system is that EM is not actually spending much time, and money, on the options as these are provided by Elio's supplier partners who develop the options and present them to EM for inclusion in the options catalog with EM of course splitting the profit margin on the item.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the Android people like me.....

the last report I saw said the system could be programed to work on an Android .... Skyz is an "Apple Partner" so that is what they push

As JEBar was nice enough to report they have said it will be compatible both with Android and with Windows mobile by production time so you everyone will have their choice of platform.

I do not think I will be purchasing this option but I have an Android phone and an Android tablet so I would want Android support also.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome dirtbag. These options are being developed for the Elio buy companies that are confident the Elio is coming to market sooner then latter. We have some doubters here at the forum. We are not as informed as the suppliers to the new Elio are so some people just throw negative vibes out. We all can't be in the meetings; what a mess that would be.

Top Bottom