• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/12/16- Strong Storm Approaching!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, yesterday's storm; we got lucky here, it was like we live in a little protected zone. We've had almost 3" of rain in the last 2 days, and it only had 30 to 40mph winds.
Portland had 50-60mph winds and like 5"-6" of rain in the same time period.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ten years ago I saw that high winds were headed to the coast from the Pacific.
So I fired up the truck in Seattle at 5:00 am and headed east to try to outrun 60 mph wind.
Good thing too. I listened to damage reports all day on the radio and CB as I barely kept ahead of it.
When I ran out of hours, I crawled into the bunk and watched countless news clips of overturned trailers.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you are safe. Figured so since you were back moderating.
I turned everything off in the office yesterday around noon - 1:00 and left it off.
No damage around here, but Portland had some flooding, an in Vancouver they had a bunch of trees that got knocked over.
As mentioned, we got lucky in our little hideout here in the foothills.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you in the storm area. I was not as lucky as the flood in Baton Rouge got me. My property in Denham Springs took some water. I had two single wides and one forty foot container full of my stuff got flooded. Oh well, I still have the Lake Charles house where I'm living doing good.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much at all where I live in Skagit County, but Whatcom County saw widespread power outages and downed trees.
Great; seems like this storm just hit certain areas, and left a lot of us alone.
Yeah, we got a lot of rain; and winds but all in all we got through it pretty unscathed.
Almost felt like late November weather.

Top Bottom