• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/15/2014 - Tech Talk - Engine Series: Part 1

Squier

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Question to the country of origin of the many Off the self part for the new motor. I had a co worker ask me how many off the self part have you ever bought that were made in america?
Not many that I remember, but hopefully the EM team will promote and spur more USA manufacturing supplies

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question to the country of origin of the many Off the self part for the new motor. I had a co worker ask me how many off the self part have you ever bought that were made in america?
Not many that I remember, but hopefully the EM team will promote and spur more USA manufacturing supplies
Go to http://www.eliomotors.com/ and click on suppliers.....if you research each supplier you will find the answer to your question.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

EM's goal is...as much U.S. content as possible. At this time , I believe, They are saying around 80%.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
IAV is from Europe (Italy, I think) but they have a plant here. :) Z

IAV is based Germany however they have several offices here in the USA including two offices in the Detroit area. One office is the business and engineering office and the other nearby office is the test laboratory where the technicians actually machine, build, and test components including entire engines.

FYI, the Italian company is Elio's assembly line equipment and design firm, Comau. They also have a number of facilities here in the USA.

Top Bottom