• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/23/14 - Elio Passes First Review Phase For Atvm Loan

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I worked at DOE for a few years and participated in several competitive bid reviews. Each one is a little different and I don't know much about the ATVM process. But reviewing bids is an art, not a science. Usually copies of the bids are provided to about a half dozen reviewers along with a copy of the evaluation criteria. Each reviewer numerically scores the bids with respect to each criteria. The challenge is that the criteria are written as though these are qualities subject to numerical scoring but in fact they are highly subjective. After this step, the committee gets together in a room to discuss the scores and total them up. It's this last step when things can become a little squirrelly and opaque. All these committees try to ensure that the review process has the appearance of being objective in order to fend off legal challenges. Because in the end it is a subjective process, reviewers (who are usually pretty smart, career-driven people) read the tea leaves to guess which way senior management is leaning and consciously or unconsciously score bids accordingly.
Certainly sounds like the government I know and hate. (Consulted to IRS and other agencies, so do have experience).

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends upon who you ask and how they count, it's either three or four stages, from what I recall.
my understanding was 5 stages but the "first" that Elio just passed and Paul E. talks about had 3 'subsets'. Next phase is due diligence but cannot find exactly what that is or anything else about final two stages. I think it is good that Tesla is sort of running interference.

Top Bottom