• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/23 Blog- More Pics!!- No Yellow

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But they need s mold how did they make the mold? Maybe they used a 3d printer.

EM provides the specs for each part .... the manufacture they have chosen to make the parts has the equipment necessary to take those specs and make the molds .... making these molds is part of the high cost of production of the P5 .... once the molds are on hand, they can move to production of the parts or of additional molds

margo.c

Reaction score
Hmm. The headline of this topic reads in part 'no yellow'. What is that referring to (as I didn't see it mentioned in the blog post)? I do hope that yellow will be offered-it is apparently the most easily seen color, and being squashed by a truck that didn't see me is my only concern.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm. The headline of this topic reads in part 'no yellow'. What is that referring to (as I didn't see it mentioned in the blog post)? I do hope that yellow will be offered-it is apparently the most easily seen color, and being squashed by a truck that didn't see me is my only concern.

the colors choices available for the first generation vehicles can be seen at this link .... as you will note, yellow isn't among them .... over time colors will be evaluated and it is possible that sometime down the line yellow might be possible

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
welcome and enjoy much to learn, and a great bunch of folks that are here to help

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question
I thought the gas "cap" would wind up flush with the body- is the recess for a Cover?? Back then I thought there would not be a door to save $$
Yes, a flush cover over the capless fuel filler similar to photo:

image.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome margo.c!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question
I thought the gas "cap" would wind up flush with the body- is the recess for a Cover?? Back then I thought there would not be a door to save $$
There will be a cover flush with the body but no filler cap.

Edit: I see this was already answered and in a much better way than I.

Top Bottom