• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/7/2014 - Shreveport Times - Elio Assures He’ll Make His 3-wheeler

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, a 1 quarter delay is much better than the 6 month delays they've had in the past. It also said "no sooner" than the 4th quarter, which leaves the delay door wide open.

cry.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like production has slipped to the 4th quarter of 2015 now.:( From the article.

"Elio Motors has promised to bring 1,500 manufacturing jobs to Caddo, but a lack of capital has delayed production. That work now is expected to start no sooner than the fourth quarter of 2015."
The last time there was a change in production date Paul Elio sent an email to all reservation holders telling them about it. Until I get an email stating that, there is no change in production date in my totally biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Tech Talk v37
View this email in your browser
83468eef-7e35-4e13-897e-736414932a0d.jpg
ec063135-c535-4d5b-a6e4-2bdad2c96b77.jpg

A Magical Journey, Without the Calories…

There is no magic chocolate river. No bubble blowing machine. No Oompa Loompas. And no ever-lasting gob-stoppers.

But, much like the giant chocolate making factory in the movie “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” there IS a lot of curiosity about what’s in the Shreveport, Louisiana, factory where the Elio will be built. And, why wouldn’t there be? Here’s just a few of the interesting facts about the facility:
  • The Empire state building is 2.158 million square feet, or just two-thirds the size of the Shreveport facility.
  • The Shreveport facility is big enough to fit 54 football fields.
  • Mall of America has 2.77 million square feet of retail space…so, you can fit every single store in Mall of America inside the Shreveport facility.
  • If the Shreveport facility was a city with the same population density as Manhattan, it would be home to 7,928 people.
Pretty good stuff, eh? It’s easy to see why interest is so high. But, rather than cause a worldwide panic by hiding Golden Tickets in chocolate bars, Paul Elio would rather just show people what’s there. This Tech Talk is the first of what will be multiple updates about our progress. It is a complicated process to build a vehicle, and we will provide a glimpse behind the curtain as we continue to make progress in Shreveport.

A couple weeks ago, we announced we are working with our manufacturing partner Comau to sell surplus equipment at the facility. This is a huge step forward for the company, as it is the culmination of figuring out how the Elio will be built.

Shortly after that, Paul gave NBC affiliate KTAL of Shreveport an inside look at the facility and the equipment that will be essential in building the Elio. This comprehensive inside look was actually a three-hour tour and conversation about the benefits that Elio Motors brings to the economy, the environment and the American consumer. View interview here.

In addition, here is the first look inside the facility at some of the equipment that will be sold as well as some equipment that will remain.

d1b4578c-2ffb-41bc-ae36-79a9c72f8f84.jpg

Paul Elio is interviewed by NBC's Dan Jovic in the nucleus of the plant (where all of the lines meet).

6e8d9b7e-4b7a-45b7-80c4-83b546bfb9ee.jpg

The hub of the station.

b9922aa0-7a2c-4725-8a67-abf4af83cd9b.jpg

Start of the conveyor line.

View more pictures of the facility here.

Okay, so your old Uncle Joe won’t have the thrill of winning that last chance to get inside the factory, but at Elio Motors, we try to be a little more inclusive than the folks at Wonka. It’s great having you all along for this magical adventure and we look forward to sharing more in the months to come.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple...if another delay then Paul can kiss sales goodby.
A man is only good as his word.
These are target dates based on information that can and does change. Nothing to do with promises only projections and shit happens in this very complicated process of developing a new vehicle, securing funding, and manufacturing model to get it built I actually expect one more short delay........big hairy deal...........in the big scheme of things.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple...if another delay then Paul can kiss sales goodby.
A man is only good as his word.
Only losses will be of those people who are sitting on the fence to begin with. True believers will stand by Paul Elio because we believe in the project, Paul Elio, the Elio, Elio Motors and are willing to accept whatever it takes to reach the goals. We are and will be the ones who promote it in a way that encourages other true believers to join in. Fence sitters will always be fence sitters. Their choice is very simply different than ours. If we all felt the same way then we would be fighting over who gets the first Elios. Variety is the spice of life and different ways of living and believing is what makes this country great. See you when I am driving my Elio, whenever that will be but I sincerely hope it is by my 74th birthday. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes but those getting off the fence will be replaced by others going to the fence.
If only one delay had happened then I would agree with you 100%.
People who have the cash ready and willing to spend is one thing. Others who have to finance or have a car about to pop is another story.

Kinda like the the boy that cried wolf. Before long you realize there may not be a wolf.

I'm in and got my fingers crossed for no more delays.

Top Bottom