• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Reaction score

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
this morning some post in this thread were reported .... after going back reviewing all 16 pages I wrote the post above .... when I clicked on Post Reply, the forum software just happened to place it following the one you made ....
Don't worry. We're good to go. I like the way this board is managed.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some folks are suggesting a fleet operator would be crazy to purchase the Elio before safety and crash testing is completed. But this assumes the fleet operator is looking to buy a replacement car, which we all know the Elio is not. It's a motorcycle under current law. So who's to say a potential fleet operator isn't one who's looking to replace its aging fleet of motorcycles or three-wheeled vehicles. How many of those existing fleet motorcycles/trikes were crash-tested like an automobile? I'd guess none, so from that perspective, I'm speculating that Elio may target that type of fleet operator than one who is looking to buy new cars.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The good news is hiring Rousch Engineering as a partner. The mention of a 100 pre-production Elio's is a simple marketing twist on a delay announcement.........."date to be determined". I haven't seen a photo image of the 25 E build progress started weeks ago. Odds are the E's only started on paper. I hope not. The Elio is based on such a simple vehicle design and engineering platform that Rousch Engineers may find the concept difficult to grasp and we will end up with a $68,000.00 new NASCARCYCLE classified vehicle being trailered around the racing circuit as a marketing tool for EM. The Elio Race Team.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just received an email saying they would not start production until early 2017.

In the link you provided it said: "the bulk of the consumer launch will have to be moved into 2017 at a date to be determined", not that they wouldn't start production until 2017.

The fact they didn't say "all" instead of "bulk" gives me hope that some of the early numbered consumer elios will be out yet this year.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the link you provided it said: "the bulk of the consumer launch will have to be moved into 2017 at a date to be determined", not that they wouldn't start production until 2017.

The fact they didn't say "all" instead of "bulk" gives me hope that some of the early numbered consumer elios will be out yet this year.
I agree with your observation. I wonder how many early reservations could be built before the end of 2016.

Top Bottom