• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And will reservation holders want to own a pre-production vehicle? On one hand it would be pretty cool, on the other, mods made as a result of testing would not be built in to the design, so it is more of an experimental vehicle at that stage.
That all said, this would be the single biggest advertising push to date, and I would suspect alot of increased interest and reservations.
It puts 100 Elio's on the streets by the end of the year, looks like production, looks like sales, and looks like Elio Motors is feeling pretty positive to rack up the cost to get the lines running.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We knew this was coming production wise, probably, since last August with the SEC filing. It is extremely expensive to do this limited run, I think they are doing it for the reasons they describe in their press release, as well as I think it's also likely they are taking this step close a deal either for VC or DOE's ATVM loan where they've been told they need to be in production and have sales. We will see.:cool::D

All reasonable assumptions. But still, they said 2017...:lalala:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the fleet of pre-production vehicles was in the planning process all along..........so no surprise. Pilot fleet testing is the logical way to bring a concept vehicle prototype up to production model standards. Arcimoto is doing the same with 50 pilot SRKs summer 2016. Toyota did their i-Road pilot fleet testing summer 2015. It only makes sense to log miles on a fleet of pilot test vehicles to validate the final design and engineering specifications.

However, the test fleet should be put into the hands of the general driving public, industry professionals, and auto/cycle media enthusiasts as part of EM's production cost. As a reservationist, I would not want to purchase one of the 100 Pre-production Elios as the earliest of adopters because there will no doubt be changes in the production model.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
It's important for my sanity to see the glass as half-full with this news. It'll be easy to go the half-empty route and think of that bad news that comes with this. But there HAS been a lot of good things happen just in the past 2.5 months.

Roush as the Lead Engineering partner, 100 pre-production vehicles to be build in 4th quarter. That's the news in just the last 2 days.

So my fellow forum folks... think positively, type positively, Elio gas tank is half-full. :horn: :first:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What gets me is the wording saying they need to sell the 100 for the revenue. Maybe it was just odd wording, but the profit from selling just 100 is so small compared to the stock sale. I like the idea of have 100 beta units in the wild, just smells funny selling them.

Unless they are being sold for WAY over $7k.

I wonder if Roush insisted on 100 E-series instead of 25, needing the higher number of units to get the tuning down?

And no crash testing before production?

Top Bottom