• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once hear the secret to a long marriage was not to stay in love, but to fall in love again as a habit. I had trouble with that second part without a little help.

I think Elio Motors is at least assisting the process. It's up to each person to figure out where he lies.

There has to be a better phrase. Lies has such a negative connotation from the same word used differently.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So...

This thing is like an onion.

just when you think you see a glimpse of future production... up pops another layer.

Important... Leaving funding completely out of this for now...

We're supposed to see e-series cars start testing within a couple of months right?
Then the 100 (Sounds like a cable TV series) will be built and (most likely) sold to (a) suitable buyer(s) in December.
Then as Ari-Lea suggested (I think) under the right conditions, it should only take 3-months to get adequate feedback.

So...

Does that mean that a reasonable guestimate could be Feb/Mar for the hiring process and Mar/Apr for "real" production?

Thoughts?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Other than these 100 vehicles going to a few fleet owners rather than being used internally, I don't see any significant change in the plan other than that they will produce some revenue. Or rather, lower the cost of getting test miles on them.
For those who were thinking, I'm sure we all realized that we wouldn't get our vehicles until 2017. And if we didn't realize that, we were probably just engaged in wishful thinking.

Yes, we realized we would likely not receive production vehicles in 2016, but they would at least start production. Was it wishful thinking? No, it was relying on Elio's word, who up until two weeks ago was saying they were still on track for Q4 2016? If The 100 were intended to be built all along (and it looks like they were), then that has nothing to do with the new delay. They were just wrapping the production delay inside the pre-production news, but the delay would have happened anyway.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we realized we would likely not receive production vehicles in 2016, but they would at least start production. Was it wishful thinking? No, it was relying on Elio's word, who up until two weeks ago was saying they were still on track for Q4 2016? If The 100 were intended to be built all along (and it looks like they were), then that has nothing to do with the new delay. They were just wrapping the production delay inside the pre-production news, but the delay would have happened anyway.
Coming from an IT background, it's important to keep in mind one very important phrase. So important, you MUST repeat it as a mantra to get you through those times of stress. All together, now, with feeling:

BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test !!!...
Only Microsoft has the cajones and the arrogance to sell products still being beta-tested to the public. That's why you NEVER buy a Microsoft product before release 3. These 100 items are the beta test: does the assembly line work without the bailing wire? Can we do without that chewing gum acting like a buffer between those two wiggly pieces?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't see an additional delay.
Since those 100 were planned then we have to consider that it was expected the line would not be pumping out full speed 'till they found the bugs in production.
Incidentally, those 100 will be coming out of the Shreveport plant and therefore are the start of production.
Keep in mind that many of us were saying that if even one unit came off the line in 2016 it would meet the criteria on production starting in 2016.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coming from an IT background, it's important to keep in mind one very important phrase. So important, you MUST repeat it as a mantra to get you through those times of stress. All together, now, with feeling:

BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test ... BETA test !!!...
Only Microsoft has the cajones and the arrogance to sell products still being beta-tested to the public. That's why you NEVER buy a Microsoft product before release 3. These 100 items are the beta test: does the assembly line work without the bailing wire? Can we do without that chewing gum acting like a buffer between those two wiggly pieces?
A few days ago prior to EM's pre-production (Beta) delay announcement all 50k+ reservationists were willing to be Beta testers. I think EM was planning a Beta test pilot fleet all along and trolling for reservationists with anticipated production dates. All new startups do it to determine and validate interest in their concept vehicles needed to stimulate venture capital.

Toyota has been Beta testing their 40-70 I-Road pilot fleet for 2 years, Arcimoto is building it's SRK Beta pilot fleet (50) this Spring...........it is simply a required step in the process to bring a reliable vehicle to market by an established auto manufacturer (Toyota) or new startups like EM & Arcimoto.

I would like to see what's going on the E build/testing progress front since it's the critical next milestone. If/when production funding is finally locked in I continue to ass.u.me a 2018 delivery date at the earliest..........it's not a quick process even with Roush on board. May as well sit back and relax while listening to EM announcements and waiting for validation by actual milestone events.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are referring to a post I made when someone said two commercial companies would buy the 100 vehicles and used them in adverse conditions. I asked that poster where the information came from and received the reply "No .comment". I have since gone back to my original suspicion of these 100 vehicles being used for racing.
You can go anywhere you like -- and I might have a suggestion or two -- but I don't discuss my sources. Period.

Top Bottom