• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't you just say "leave funding completely out of this for now"??? Then no amount of guesswork/guesstimate will "work" for the start of production UNTIL we hear from them that funding has been secured! :D Undetermined date in the future is how it stands right now according to EM in relation to acquiring the funding. It could be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Q2017 or beyond w/out the money! Take your pick!:( When reality sets in, dream! :D
I don't know about others, but the reality for me was...
I definitely thought development of this vehicle was a lot further along than it was.
Then the P5 was unveiled and I had to take a hard step back and re-evaluate.

Yes, what I'm asking for here are thoughts and opinions about a production date...
IF funding were NOT a problem. Since most of the content of these forums are thoughts and opinions anyway...
I thought it would be interesting and not that much of a stretch of the imagination.

There are two possible timelines.
One with the money being no problem...
And One that includes waiting for more money.
So far EM's scraped up enough to continue forward.

I personally choose to refuse to accept the third possibility.

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, what I'm asking for here are thoughts and opinions about a production date...
IF funding were NOT a problem.
"I think" IF funding were NOT a problem,...for sure in 2016. On the bright side, I do feel like the Roush partnership and "intent to test" (MY "wording" not EM's) are big steps towards that funding. :cool:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EKH said in his post :
  1. would be exposed to very severe service conditions
  2. will not be swooping along the interstate for the most part
  3. fleet cars are for commercial users
http://elioowners.com/threads/100-preproduction-elios-to-be-built-in-december.7105/page-29 post 286

I can think of two types of companies that might be interested in these vehicle:
  1. A company that makes racing vehicles or races them
  2. A small volume vehicle (motorcycle trike) company.
Do any of the possibilities rule out advertising, i.e., using them as rolling billboards? They definitely would attract attention.

Another possibility is being used in movies. The third Austin Powers movie had scenes where the Sparrow electric vehicle was being used in chase scenes. While that brought attention, it didn't bring enough sales to help them.

If nothing else, they could be used by some company with a very large workspace (like a movie lot, or an oil refinery), where they need something faster than a Segway or a golf cart but still able to fit in tight spaces. Not everyone has motorcycle licenses, and some people simply REFUSE to ride motor scooters.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from natural frustration with the long journey , this development should be viewed very positively . Personally , I never thought for a moment that Elio would begin full scale production in 2016 . Simply too unrealistic . To read that they are building 100 units for sale of any kind this year is a remarkable milestone . 100 Elios on American streets delivering pizza or patroling a beach is a major step forward . You all know you want to see those pictures :D
There should be increased confidence that we could anticipate owning our Elios in late 2017 .

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the 100 preproduction vehicles are part of the 125 test vehicles, then they do not slow up delivery of production vehicles. Fleet companies are not given preferential treatment and are not being placed in front of spot-in-line people.

This might be described as a way of spinning a story to look like they are on track, and the 100 preproduction vehicles are causing the delay to 2017, when in fact, it is just another delay like previous delays. I guess this would be called "spinning" a story.

When they filed a second report with the SEC showing the same timetable, I automatically assumed that time table was now based on the second filing date, not the first. Thus I automatically assumed they would be produced in 2017 Q1, but no later.

One article I read said there have been several start up vehicle companies and all misjudged the time and complexity of it. Paul Elio has wisely included people from high levels of the auto industry and is probably better prepared to weather the problems due to the insight and experience they bring. I was always under the impression the board of directors do not have daily jobs in the companies but instead give high level advice to high level people.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about others, but the reality for me was...
I definitely thought development of this vehicle was a lot further along than it was.
Then the P5 was unveiled and I had to take a hard step back and re-evaluate.

IF funding were NOT a problem. Since most of the content of these forums are thoughts and opinions anyway...
I thought it would be interesting and not that much of a stretch of the imagination.

There are two possible timelines.
One with the money being no problem...
And One that includes waiting for more money.
So far EM's scraped up enough to continue forward.

I personally choose to refuse to accept the third possibility.
Very well said! It's just me being frustrated a bit for yet another delay but still being positive that the E-series test results will bring about "good news"!

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Henry Knepp Regional Manager, SOS Alarm
SOS Alarm will be saving thousands of dollars each month in fuel, just by switching our fleet vehicles to Elio Motors. We are very excited about entering into an agreement with Elio Motors for our next fleet of vehicles. SOS Alarm has been providing our community with custom designed security systems to protect families and their property since 1968.

Top Bottom