• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you are correct. As proof, the circled washer in the photo below has a 7.2% higher zinc content in other Ford models.

View attachment 8959
:D
mol.jpg

Wow, you're right, I was able to zoom and enhance what you circled, and clearly you are correct!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Friday April 1, 2016, I sent the following email to EM:

I am all in for $1000 on two vehicles. Production will not start until 2017. Which quarter in 2017 is production expected to start? First quarter, second quarter, third quarter, or fourth quarter? Thank you.

I received the following reply today, April 4, 2016:

Thank you for your support and reaching out to us!
We are currently targeting 2017 for consumer production to begin. The start of production will become more definitive as we continue to make progress. There is no one more committed to making the Elio a reality than the Elio Motors team and we make progress every day to changing the way you will get from here to there.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I am all in for $1000 on two vehicles. Production will not start until 2017. Which quarter in 2017 is production expected to start? First quarter, second quarter, third quarter, or fourth quarter? Thank you.

We are currently targeting 2017 for consumer production to begin. The start of production will become more definitive as we continue to make progress. There is no one more committed to making the Elio a reality than the Elio Motors team and we make progress every day to changing the way you will get from here to there.

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

Politely non-specific. I think they are tired of making forecasts they will miss if everything doesn't go just right.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team
Any one know what happened to the 25 P-5 test vehicles? Also any ideas on who and what the fleet uses will be?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any one know what happened to the 25 P-5 test vehicles? Also any ideas on who and what the fleet uses will be?
The 25 test vehicles are called the E series and construction of the parts and equipment is under way with assembly expected soon.

The 100 pre-production vehicles which were going to be held in house are now going to fleet sales at the end of the fourth quarter of 2016 to get feedback on real world conditions.

Production vehicles are supposed to begin in 2017, but nothing more specific than the year.

I'm sure that will depend on financing and feedback.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The fleets that will get them are on the EM site; just click on the "Fleet" heading and it will take you to the right area and it has a list.

<Pssstttt Marshall [EO member 6254] ; he asked ".....any ideas on who and what the fleet....". Folks [EO member 1140] has been on here for a long time, and knows what EM and PE proposed for the fleet originally. Just sayin'>;)

Top Bottom