• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$1000. Is A Lot Of Money To Me.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like others I started with $100 all-in last October waiting to see what would happen. As I watched the interest in this vehicle increase and realizing my place in line was being pushed farther out I decided to go all in for the max and secure a production number. If it doesn't happen I will have had more than $1000 in entertainment from this forum and the many people who are participating on it. As an optimist, I am looking forward to driving my new Elio next spring.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your deposit, regardless of amount, will help Elio in that the more pre-order they have, the more confident they can be that they will be able to start off running. It also will make the investors less weary. I'm sure starting production on a car where several thousand will surely be purchased is much better than fearing the first ones will be languishing in a dealer waiting on word to get out.
Dan, any amount is good. The way I see it, the $1,000 all-in people are just going to be 5-7 weeks ahead of the rest of the all-in people.

Reactions: JNR

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can put down as little as $100 refundable or non-refundable. Reservation Numbers are only given to the ones that put down $1k non-refundable. The others are a constant moving target with the non-refundable's the first in line . The reservation period will end when the projected first year production has been met (including all refundable and non-refundable reservations)
I believe that I heard the number of production vehicles at the onset of production at 500/week. Something I hope to verify when I finally get to see this thing in a couple of weeks. That would make first years
production of about 26,000 vehicles. At the rate that reservations are currently coming in that number ought to be achieved sometime in August 2014.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Jayne. We have the same thoughts on this matter. I too put down a $100 All-In deposit for the same reasons you list. Again, I have faith in it going through and believe it will.
I too went All in $100. Could I afford the $1000? Yes! I am also 90% convinced that I will upgrade to the thousand. Still that 10% part requests prudence. I'll see where we are in July/Aug. I have an early date and my place in line is reserved. I'm happy.

Top Bottom