• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

11/28/14 E M Blog - Is Now Posted On 11/29/14

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
I received an email from EM saying the blog is available. That was about 20 minutes ago. I have tried to access it several times but the last blog posted is for 11/21. Definitely not the right one so if anyone else can retrieve it and post it here I would appreciate it. Moderator please delete this thread once the blog has been posted. Thanks. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Blog is a mess. If you have a short cut /bookmark/ favorite ect saved for it try going try going to it from another link. If you are trying to get to it from the ELIO web page try this link directly. ELIO's web sight is a mess all around it brings up outdated pages takes you to the wrong link. from time to time.
http://www.eliomotors.com/tech-talk-v44-thanksgiving-is-on-us/
That is the tech talk. I received an email saying the EM blog was available today (I believe the title is Thanksgiving and Leftovers). I get this every Friday so I went to open, copy and paste here, but it was not there. The tech talk is definitely available and was posted on Wednesday. But thanks for trying. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is the tech talk. I received an email saying the EM blog was available today (I believe the title is Thanksgiving and Leftovers). I get this every Friday so I went to open, copy and paste here, but it was not there. The tech talk is definitely available and was posted on Wednesday. But thanks for trying. :) Z
Tech Talk v44 – Thanksgiving is on Us

In the future…let your Elio pay for Thanksgiving Dinner!

[Broken External Image]

Happy Thanksgiving! And, welcome to one of the biggest travel weekends of the year.

According to AAA, an estimated 46.3 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles from home during the holiday weekend. This is projected to be the busiest Thanksgiving travel season since 2007. More than 89 percent will travel by automobile and the average round trip will be 549 miles.

Of course, when anyone at Elio Motors hears about a trip under 672 miles, one thought comes immediately to mind – an Elio owner will be able to make that trip on a single tank of gas! Even with relatively low fuel prices of about $3 per gallon, an Elio owner will get significant savings on that average 549 mile trip. Here’s some numbers:

At up to 84 MPG, it would take about 6.5 gallons to make the trip in an Elio. At $3 per gallon, that’s about $19.50 round trip. Compare that to a vehicle that gets 25 MPG. That would require about 22 gallons and cost nearly $66.00. The Elio driver saves roughly $46.50.

What does that mean in holiday meal terms? It will almost pay for the entire dinner. According to an American Farm Bureau Federation survey, the average cost of a typical Thanksgiving dinner for 10 people was $49.04 in 2013. (okay…sorry we come up $2.54 cents short…you might have to scrimp on the Pumpkin Pie!).

The perfect time and vehicle to rent…

Of course, if you travel with your family during the holidays, you’ll likely take the minivan or SUV. We get that.

But, a huge number of Thanksgiving travelers are single folks…college students coming home from campus for the long weekend…recent college grads returning home from their job and apartment in the big city. This demographic also got us thinking. The Elio is a great vehicle for a rental car or a ride sharing company.

[Broken External Image]

Car sharing programs have been heralded as a great way to reduce reliance on foreign oil, to save money, and to do something nice for the environment. Elio Motors can bring a lot to the table for the ride sharing concept. With a price tag of just $6,800 and an impressive 84 MPG, individuals who don’t want to invest in a vehicle or who live in an urban environment with limited parking will find Elio a great option for the times when they need wheels.

Businesses can build a fleet for minimal investment, too. It’s possible to buy three or more Elios for the price of a single car, which means they can be added to any fleet quickly and with little financial hardship. They cost less to operate, and a car sharing program could even lower its prices for renting an Elio while still making more money because of its fuel-sipping engine and low upkeep costs.

The use of the Elio could save car sharers money, put more efficient vehicles on the road, and help car sharing programs grow their business. The Elio is a game changer when it comes from getting from point A to point B quickly, safely, and efficiently.

And, if you are looking for an inexpensive way to get home for the holidays, the Elio is something for which to be thankful for!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, that is the Tech Talk that I posted in the TT Archive. What I am looking for is today's EM Blog:

"Thanksgiving and Leftovers", November 28, 2014, 3:30 PM. Still can't find it. Thanks for trying. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I received an email from EM thanking me for the headsup on the missing blog. It is now posted under the 11/29/14 date. Moderators please feel free to delete this thread if so desired. Thanks. :-) Z

Top Bottom