• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

12/12/14 E M Blog - Top 3 Questions Answered

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top 3 Questions Answered 12/12/14

Happy Friday Elio friends and Family. Only 12 shopping days left, even less before the start of Hanukkah, I hope you are ahead of me in your shopping preparedness! Remember the Elio Motors Holiday Promotion that we have running now – rated the number one* holiday gift in America for 2014.

This week we are going to answer the top questions that have come to us over the last month and a half through the website. A side note, the new FAQ and support has a ton of answers for you too, check it out! The first question ties in nicely to your holiday shopping needs…

[Broken External Image]

• When do we get the printable Elio Holiday Card with my Holiday Promotion reservation?
Today! The printable holiday cards will be emailed to you tonight, and again next week for reservations made after Sunday, December 7th. We will also do a final mailing on the morning of December 24th to help out the late decision makers among us. For those of you that may not know exactly what we are talking about, as part of the Holiday Promotion we send out a printable Holiday card for people to give to the lucky person they bought a reservation for. It gives the recipient a card now for the holiday and the Limited Edition Holiday T-shirt and bumper sticker next month. A double gift giving opportunity!

• Can I do my own maintenance on the Elio? Can I change the oil by myself?
The answer is, a qualified, yes. The Elio will be just like most cars on the road today and even more accessible. The reason for the qualification is that you will still have to have mechanical skills… if you do, it will be a piece of cake. You will not have to do your own maintenance as Pep Boys is our Official Service Center and they will be able to do all of that for you.

[Broken External Image]

• I have a refundable reservation and want to get the t-shirt and on the better list, how can I do that?
We have talked about this a couple of times and understand that it can be a little confusing. We have made it a simple process with a one page form that you can open, print and scan back to us. Find that form here.

A couple of notes on this topic: Refundable reservations are not able to be upgraded, only All In reservations are able to upgrade. If you have a refundable reservation and make an All In upgrade without changing your original reservation, they will not get combined. You will need to fill out the form to convert your original reservation to All In and we will then combine them for you.

Additionally, you can only upgrade in the set increments as outlined on the website. From $100 All In you can go to $500 All In and $1000 All In. From $250 All In you can upgrade to $1000 All In and from $500 All In you can upgrade to $1000 All In. That are the only ways to make your reservation upgrade work. The system will not add up reservations to make $1000, so if you have two $100 reservations, and two $100 to $500 upgrades that gets you to two $500 reservations, not a single $1000.

If you have any questions about your reservation, please email us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com and we can fix it to get exactly what you intended.

This week on The Elio Preview Tour:

December 12-14 – Raleigh, North Carolina, Triangle Town Center, mall hours – P4 show

December 19-21 – Richmond, VA – Area Mall – Mall Hours – P4 show

Thank you for your continued support!

*non-scientific poll, taken at our Thanksgiving dinner table

dot.png
twitter.pngfacebook.pnggoogleplus.pnglinkedin.png

Jake

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 3 Questions Answered 12/12/14

Happy Friday Elio friends and Family. Only 12 shopping days left, even less before the start of Hanukkah, I hope you are ahead of me in your shopping preparedness! Remember the Elio Motors Holiday Promotion that we have running now – rated the number one* holiday gift in America for 2014.

This week we are going to answer the top questions that have come to us over the last month and a half through the website. A side note, the new FAQ and support has a ton of answers for you too, check it out! The first question ties in nicely to your holiday shopping needs…

[Broken External Image]

• When do we get the printable Elio Holiday Card with my Holiday Promotion reservation?
Today! The printable holiday cards will be emailed to you tonight, and again next week for reservations made after Sunday, December 7th. We will also do a final mailing on the morning of December 24th to help out the late decision makers among us. For those of you that may not know exactly what we are talking about, as part of the Holiday Promotion we send out a printable Holiday card for people to give to the lucky person they bought a reservation for. It gives the recipient a card now for the holiday and the Limited Edition Holiday T-shirt and bumper sticker next month. A double gift giving opportunity!

• Can I do my own maintenance on the Elio? Can I change the oil by myself?
The answer is, a qualified, yes. The Elio will be just like most cars on the road today and even more accessible. The reason for the qualification is that you will still have to have mechanical skills… if you do, it will be a piece of cake. You will not have to do your own maintenance as Pep Boys is our Official Service Center and they will be able to do all of that for you.

[Broken External Image]

• I have a refundable reservation and want to get the t-shirt and on the better list, how can I do that?
We have talked about this a couple of times and understand that it can be a little confusing. We have made it a simple process with a one page form that you can open, print and scan back to us. Find that form here.

A couple of notes on this topic: Refundable reservations are not able to be upgraded, only All In reservations are able to upgrade. If you have a refundable reservation and make an All In upgrade without changing your original reservation, they will not get combined. You will need to fill out the form to convert your original reservation to All In and we will then combine them for you.

Additionally, you can only upgrade in the set increments as outlined on the website. From $100 All In you can go to $500 All In and $1000 All In. From $250 All In you can upgrade to $1000 All In and from $500 All In you can upgrade to $1000 All In. That are the only ways to make your reservation upgrade work. The system will not add up reservations to make $1000, so if you have two $100 reservations, and two $100 to $500 upgrades that gets you to two $500 reservations, not a single $1000.

If you have any questions about your reservation, please email us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com and we can fix it to get exactly what you intended.

This week on The Elio Preview Tour:

December 12-14 – Raleigh, North Carolina, Triangle Town Center, mall hours – P4 show

December 19-21 – Richmond, VA – Area Mall – Mall Hours – P4 show

Thank you for your continued support!

*non-scientific poll, taken at our Thanksgiving dinner table

dot.png
twitter.pngfacebook.pnggoogleplus.pnglinkedin.png

Jake

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of my problems with Elio. Does anyone really believe that these are the TOP 3 QUESTIONS. I could go thru 50 questions before I asked these 3. I am still on board and tapping my foot waiting patiently for something POSITIVE from Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is one of my problems with Elio. Does anyone really believe that these are the TOP 3 QUESTIONS. I could go thru 50 questions before I asked these 3. I am still on board and tapping my foot waiting patiently for something POSITIVE from Elio.
Actually I do believe it is simply because the people who ask those questions are newbees and haven't figured out how to find the information on their own. For those of us who have been following the Elio for months or years this is old news. For others it is the first dip of the toe in our waters. I have learned to accept that the Friday blog is simply a marketing tool even more so than the tour blog which is about the tour stops or the Tech Talk. I get what I can out of them and let the rest go. I can also always count on knowledgeable people here expanding on the information so I can learn even more.

I am glad they have given some in depth attention to upgrading reservations since this is a question that is often asked and often misunderstood. They have tried to make it as simple as possible but people who are in a hurry tend not to read the information carefully and followi the instructions. I am very glad I do not have to deal with some of the reservation nightmares the EM staff have had to deal with. Kudos to them for the great job they do. :) Z

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what surprises me in this computer age is why it takes so long to get your number; a month seems a bit long.
In some cases it has taken almost 8 weeks so a month is nothing. Besides, it is much more exciting when a bunch are released at once. OBTW a heads up about the release date. One of the tour team stated this weekend (I think it was) or on the EM blog, that the next release will be early January. They still aren't sure of the date. :-) Z

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jake

Those are my thoughts exactly. I take it as a bad sign that this is Elio's view of what people most want to know.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jake

Those are my thoughts exactly. I take it as a bad sign that this is Elio's view of what people most want to know.

Perplexed............

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUKa64krHgl7qObh8YxjRMf1wUBk-if34DIm_Bey5Sck8CFdtQ.jpg

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In some cases it has taken almost 8 weeks so a month is nothing. Besides, it is much more exciting when a bunch are released at once. OBTW a heads up about the release date. One of the tour team stated this weekend (I think it was) or on the EM blog, that the next release will be early January. They still aren't sure of the date. :) Z
January!!!! .:eek:........I was really hoping end of December.:( I guess I got spoiled on my first Res# only waiting 2 weeks! Oh well, I'm getting used to waiting. Kinda reminds me of being back in the Army, hurry up and wait already!:D

Top Bottom