• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

#17484 Woo Hoo!!

Thundertub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Folks,
My avatar is a Messerschmitt. My screen name was born about 17 years ago when I created a 1965 Porsche 356 SC coupe into what is popularly called an "Outlaw". I had old style PORSCHE racing side stripes on the lower body with the words THUNDERTUB MOTORSPORTS instead of PORSCHE. Rave reviews from the non-purists. The same stripe carried over onto the bow stripe of a 2001 Donzi Classic 18 I purchased new. Both are long gone, replaced several times over, but not forgotten.
Older Porsches from the 50's, specifically Speedsters, Roadsters, and Cabriolets, were often called "Bathtubs" because of their design. A hotrodded 356 is definitely a thunder tub...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks,
My avatar is a Messerschmitt. My screen name was born about 17 years ago when I created a 1965 Porsche 356 SC coupe into what is popularly called an "Outlaw". I had old style PORSCHE racing side stripes on the lower body with the words THUNDERTUB MOTORSPORTS instead of PORSCHE. Rave reviews from the non-purists. The same stripe carried over onto the bow stripe of a 2001 Donzi Classic 18 I purchased new. Both are long gone, replaced several times over, but not forgotten.
Older Porsches from the 50's, specifically Speedsters, Roadsters, and Cabriolets, were often called "Bathtubs" because of their design. A hotrodded 356 is definitely a thunder tub...
We need to get you to meet David Bower, he's a member on here; he just finished up his 1959 Messerschmitt and has it up for sale ($25K was the last price I heard).
He's really into a lot of exotics and owns a number of vehicles that some I never heard of until I saw his collection and I was a certified Import mechanic back in the early 70's.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need to get you to meet David Bower, he's a member on here; he just finished up his 1959 Messerschmitt and has it up for sale
He's really into a lot of exotics and owns a number of vehicles that some I never heard of until I saw his collection and I was a certified Import mechanic back in the early 70's.

THE ONE FOR SALE IS A 1954 MESSERSCHMITT KR-175
THE 1959 IS A TG-500 4 WHEELER . IT IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS & IN 1000 PIECES AT THE MOMENT

DSC_0001.JPG

Top Bottom