• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1946 Mathis 333

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This three wheeler, The Mathis 333, has beautiful lines and looks quite aerodynamic. It seats 3+1, runs on two cylinders and has two radiators! I think the person in the back has to sit sideways.

mathis1.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This three wheeler, The Mathis 333, has beautiful lines and looks quite aerodynamic. It seats 3+1, runs on two cylinders and has two radiators! I think the person in the back has to sit sideways.

mathis1.jpg
I purchased, after (I think it was G1) suggested "The A-Z of Three Wheelers" by Eelvis Payne, in which de devotes mention. Interesting read, here's just a "tidbit"
The 333=three seats, three wheels, 3 liters (French)

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WAS THE MATHIS 333 A ONE OFF OR WAS IT PRODUCED IN ANY SORT OF QUANTITY ?

LOOKS LIKE A WELL THOUGHT OUT DESIGN & IT LOOKS GREAT .
I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE .

It did not go into production and only about ten were made. I read that the French government did not approve production of this car in the post war years. From Popular Science:

auto_ideas.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

mathis1.jpg

thanks for the link and picture .... I was born in 1946 and have never heard of this vehicle .... interesting, very interesting

Top Bottom