• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1967 Velorex

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI- I've removed my post, My opinion of cat lady it objectifies women, there are woman on this site who need not be exposed to this. I've asked The Moderator to move it to the thread where anything goes. If it stays so be it, but I feel uncomfortable and Im put it out there. Yeah I know it's from a movie, but this ain't the place- remember IAMCRAYZE

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you've deleted the post .... to repost it you'd need to go to the appropriate area and start a new thread
I deleted MY post, I think it's your call if this thread stays/goes- stays without the pic deleted or you move the whole thread, and leave a note what happened. as I've witnessed another moderator do in the past
If you think I'm too p.c.- I said my "peace" and I'll move on to other topics
thanks

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I deleted MY post, I think it's your call if this thread stays/goes- stays without the pic deleted or you move the whole thread, and leave a note what happened. as I've witnessed another moderator do in the past
If you think I'm too p.c.- I said my "peace" and I'll move on to other topics
thanks

received your report after posting the above .... now that the report has been opened, it is going through the review process .... will get back to you

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE VELOREX OSKAR WAS IN PRODUCTION FOR NEARLY 20 YEARS !

THEY USED A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT JAWA ENGINES IN THEM . THE BIG MOTORS
IN THE LATER ONES GIVE THEM SOME PRETTY LIVELY PERFORMANCE .

THE PIPEWORK IN THESE CARS IS AMAZING AND MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE
OWNED THEM TELL ME THAT NO TWO ARE ALIKE .

MY FAVORITE VELOREX JOKE : DOES IT HAVE A CZECH ENGINE LIGHT ?

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This Velorex is nice too. [1970? - websites on Velorex are unfortunately mostly in Czech]
I like the Velorex Oscar a lot, makes me want to get two Elios, one regular and one covered like the Velorex Oscar...

1970VelorexHOBA350_2.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This Velorex is nice too. [1970? - websites on Velorex are unfortunately mostly in Czech]
I like the Velorex Oscar a lot, makes me want to get two Elios, one regular and one covered like the Velorex Oscar...

1970VelorexHOBA350_2.jpg
it is a beautiful piece of art! Considering it's about 45yrs old, a masterpiece. Knowing very little about it, are the rear vents for an air-cooled engine?
I think in the left back, there is the "wrapped" in leather model referenced above. Thanks for sharing

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it is a beautiful piece of art! Considering it's about 45yrs old, a masterpiece. Knowing very little about it, are the rear vents for an air-cooled engine?
I think in the left back, there is the "wrapped" in leather model referenced above. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, likely air cooled (+ air intake). That wasn't that uncommon with European cars. Many people liked it, because water cooled cars sometimes "forgot" how to cool at higher altitudes, such as when crossing the Alps. I drove 1960's/1970's Karmann Ghias, several VWs and a NSU, all air cooled. Water cooling is also more complicated, if the engine is in the rear; at least wen you are trying to build something on the cheap.

The red three-wheeler really is beautiful. I am not entirely sure if it's a Velorex, the website header says so, but I haven't seen images of this car anywhere else.

Top Bottom