• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

20,000 And Then 40,000?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
June 14th... Mark it down. That will be the day Elio hits 20,000 reservations.

And almost pure speculation... November 21st... 40,000 reservations. Don't write that one down. I based my 20k date on 76 per day which has been the average - or at least close to it. That probably won't hold true as the numbers get higher. I'm not sure if seeing higher numbers is a turn-off or a turn-on as far as people putting down money deposits goes...

Anyway, June 14th... Mark it down.

What do you guys think?

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And almost pure speculation... November 21st... 40,000 reservations. Don't write that one down. I based my 20k date on 76 per day which has been the average - or at least close to it. That probably won't hold true as the numbers get higher. I'm not sure if seeing higher numbers is a turn-off or a turn-on as far as people putting down money deposits goes...

What do you guys think?
Personally, with all the speculation/guesstimation/conjecture, I think this one is a pretty safe bet. though, being as how they release the new numbers on a Monday/Tuesday, I would say June 16th/17th, but either way, I would gamble on it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, with all the speculation/guesstimation/conjecture, I think this one is a pretty safe bet. though, being as how they release the new numbers on a Monday/Tuesday, I would say June 16th/17th, but either way, I would gamble on it.
I thought about that and almost made that my date but I figured it would be a big milestone and that they may actually announce it. I guess they could announce something like "Over 20,000 reservations" and then post their numbers like 20,146. You are right that they post the numbers on Monday/Tuesday but the reporting period lags. Yesterday, they reported reservations through May 22, 6 days of lag.

whattheelf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A typical early adopter model, risk takers, gadget freaks, etc, suggests they will hit the wall at 25K-30K reservations maximum, prior to "launch", whenever that is.

You may see a bump depending on if they can gain any further compelling visibility, but they've already done the rounds on the major news and entertainment shows. Unless they can reach and attract a much larger general demographic, you won't see anywhere near their projections. It will take significant funding to keep them afloat without an IPO in able to grow interest and sales at a rate where they can start to achieve profitability.

Profitabilty may be possible, just not probable based on the information available to date.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
I'm good with the 14th, but not until 2:17 in the afternoon.:rolleyes:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm good with the 14th, but not until 2:17 in the afternoon.:rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS98EcQVKYaRTX3w6FF0sYdvUD6YLdZO4iqjIwpG4NOlNzLerVO.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A typical early adopter model, risk takers, gadget freaks, etc, suggests they will hit the wall at 25K-30K reservations maximum, prior to "launch", whenever that is.

You may see a bump depending on if they can gain any further compelling visibility, but they've already done the rounds on the major news and entertainment shows. Unless they can reach and attract a much larger general demographic, you won't see anywhere near their projections. It will take significant funding to keep them afloat without an IPO in able to grow interest and sales at a rate where they can start to achieve profitability.

Profitabilty may be possible, just not probable based on the information available to date.
That may be. At least their infrastructure and plant are proceeding well. As one of the industrial engineers at the Shreveport Plant a while ago, I know they are getting a great facility that is set up pretty nicely. Since GM was doing pretty much what Elio will be doing, and the local area is set up transportation-wise, it won't take a mega effort to get the Elio assembled. With Comau set to help with automation adjustments and suppliers already signed up, it'll be much cheaper to begin production. Imagine if they had to build a facility, buy equipment, and design the logistics train from scratch. Once that design gets finalized, a couple of industrial engineers could have the line up and running in a couple of months! This plan of Paul's is quite brilliant, actually and as the pieces fall into place, the money will flow too. It was quite smart of them to take it slow and get most states to not require helmets and it seems they are close to not even requiring MC endorsements either. With any luck, when they produce, maybe they will have thrown off the stigma of motorcycles completely (especially if the Feds create a special class separate from motorcycles but not as heavily regulated as cars.

As an industrial engineer and now a logistician, it is simply exciting to watch Elio Motors take from with the amount of transparency they have provided. Sure, there are things that they legally can't talk about but the rest is really quite cool. Now, if they can keep their costs down... they say they are close to their goal and are working on getting there. It sure helps to only need 1,250 pounds of "stuff" and being much more simple to assemble than most cars.... one door, one windshield wiper, etc. Man, exciting times, these are.

Top Bottom