• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2005 Merlin Roadster

dave vezina

Reaction score
I purchased this one several years ago from a Harley Davidson dealer in Pennsylvania and after two years of modifications here's the final product.
Merlin Motors only manufacture one for individuals that setup dealerships. Only 8 dealerships were established and mine originated in Florida before the Harley dealership bought it. They had a $1,000.00 reservation and after a while they couldn't raise enough capitol and went bankrupt.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool! I've never heard of them before; the drive looks like the same system the Morgan 3-wheeler has.

You mentioned the $1,000 deposit; how much did you have to spend to get it?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like this single seater Merlin Coupe. Corbin created some interesting concept vehicles. I can visualize a similar cabin design around the CanAm Spyder should they ever decide to enclose it.
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see the one major problem with both of those <besides being REALLY expensive>; they only seat one.
The +1 seatng and or extra storage is a plus, but I don't mind the idea of a single seater (personal mobility autocycle). If Elio proves successful in the marketplace, similar vehicles will follow by existing motorcycle and/or auto manufacturers.

Top Bottom