• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2014 Accord Hybrid

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had my Insight computer updated and made the mistake of picking up subject brochure.
2 liter, 13:1 CR, System HP 196, 45 C/50 H MPG (better than my Insight) and huge safety features. Move over Elio, but he/she IS at 1/4th the cost.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had my Insight computer updated and made the mistake of picking up subject brochure.
2 liter, 13:1 CR, System HP 196, 45 C/50 H MPG (better than my Insight) and huge safety features. Move over Elio, but he/she IS at 1/4th the cost.
The Elio cost as well as the mpg are the 2 big selling points for people like me. And of course the 5* safety rating and made in America doesn't hurt at all. LOL :-) Z

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The engine is GDI, direct injection, a big advantage in getting good MPG numbers.
It appears Elio will have standard port injection, which makes me wonder if the design team considered GDI at all.
The Accord weighs 3550 #. Elio, w/its low weight and good aero package would do much better w/GDI than the current # of 84.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Elio Motors goal is not to build the most fuel efficient vehicle possible. Their goal is to build a vehicle which has about 3x the average highway fuel efficiency in this country for about half as much as the average compact car in this country.

There is no doubt there are many technologies which are well proven and could be built into the Elio engine for even greater fuel efficiency however these could make the engine more expensive which runs counter to the cost goals which are also very important. I would hate to be in their shoes having to walk this tightrope as it truly is a balancing act where everything you do has to be measured against both goals.

Top Bottom