• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 Barrett-jackson Auction

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
While not set in stone just yet it is actually starting to look increasingly likely I will actually be in Phoenix the week of Barrett-Jackson on completely unrelated business. I am pushing things along trying to get there that week as after seeing it on TV for many years I would like to visit Barrett-Jackson in person and Elio Motors being there is merely a nice bonus for me.

I will definitely let everyone know if it does work out as I would not mind meeting a some of you for dinner or a drink one evening while I am in town.

Well it was looking really good last Monday however by this week the whole deal is unraveling and I have no idea when, or even if, I will be in Phoenix as the whole deal may be scrapped. :(

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still pretty sick, but I wanted to say something about numbers.
Jerome told me that when they had 20k reservations, they set their 'year requirement' at 40k units, and when it reached 30k, they set to 50k units, and at 40k they will likely go for 60k. So simply stated he agreed that at some point they will have to commit to a set figure for initial production and that will probably be (maybe) around 20k more than what ever the current reservations are.
Apparently, by my analysis, they reached their volume/price requirement at the original 40k, so long as they projected this 'order level' long enough into the future, spread out over approximately one year.
Fleet sales can come out of that, but they have the option to adjust levels for it as things progress, given the 20k overage as a buffer.
So the whole system is actually adjustable given enough lead-time in my estimation. Unless they make a paid reservation, fleet sales will have to subject to that lead-time to adjust output.
I would guess they will keep some kind of reservation program open as long as it's productive, but will just state when the yearly cutoff is reached and then bind all those initial reservations inside that first year of commitment. All newer ones would then fall to year two. (which my not be exactly one full year later)
He said a few more interesting things about the loan guarantee, but I want to write all that up in one note so as not to get out the wrong connotations.

Heads up, On Saturday he said there would be a VERY interesting news flash we would all like. Could be engine related or ??? So maybe in just a couple days now.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Still pretty sick, but I wanted to say something about numbers.

I would guess they will keep some kind of reservation program open as long as it's productive, but will just state when the yearly cutoff is reached and then bind all those initial reservations inside that first year of commitment. All newer ones would then fall to year two. (which my not be exactly one full year later)
He said a few more interesting things about the loan guarantee, but I want to write all that up in one note so as not to get out the wrong connotations.

Heads up, On Saturday he said there would be a VERY interesting news flash we would all like. Could be engine related or ??? So maybe in just a couple days now.

first, take care of yourself .... that's the most important thing

second, thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing the rest

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom