• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2023 Flu and Covid Booster Shots

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
based on the recommendation of our family doctor we just scheduled a regular flu and fourth covid booster shots for next Wednesday .... I never look forward to getting a shot but what has to be, has to be

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I got the covid shot in my left arm and the flu and RSV in the right arm, yesterday. Today I have lots of aches and pains in my joints and muscles. Can't raise either arm above shoulder height. Still, I'd do it again. Have a feeling there are a lot of people around here that are going to get sick.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
our understanding is the Covid shot won't keep you from getting it but if you do the case is usually less severe .... we each have some risk factors that could cause some significant issues if we were to catch it and not have had the shot

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
our understanding is the Covid shot won't keep you from getting it but if you do the case is usually less severe .... we each have some risk factors that could cause some significant issues if we were to catch it and not have had the shot
Feel much better today. Right arm still sore. Probably the RSV shot caused more pain because they need to dissolve it before injection and it has a higher solids content.

No vaccine prevents you from getting a disease. You have to get the disease before the anti-bodies can fight it. The only way to prevent getting the disease is to not come in contact with it. Stay away from people, wear masks, use sanitizer.

The vaccines trick the body into thinking a disease is there so anti-bodies are created. Then, when the actual disease does show up the anti-bodies are ready for a fast response.

Read an interesting article about a study on which arm to get the booster in. They said there was evidence that getting the booster in the same arm as the original shot produces more anti-bodies. The theory is that the lymph nodes closest to the original shot store the information the longest and respond quicker. Talking with several doctors they say it's possible. Something to consider.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we had to postpone our Covid shots that were scheduled for today because our grandson came down with Covid over the weekend and we were around him .... 13 days from now, if we test negative, we can reschedule

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
POSTED FOR INFORMATION .... AS WITH ALL VACCINES, FOLKS WOULD BE WISE TO CHECK WITH THEIR DOCTOR

we checked and another vaccination has been added to our list .... per a recommendation from our doctor, we will add an RSV vaccination to the ones we will have this fall .... respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a vaccine used to prevent lung and lower airway infections .... the vaccine is purposefully designed to stimulate the immune response to protect against RSV in people aged 60 years and older. ... the FDA rates this vaccine as being over 94% effective in preventing lung and lower airway infection from RSV in people aged 60 years and older with asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic heart failure, advanced liver or kidney disease, or any chronic respiratory or pulmonary disease

Top Bottom