• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
well, time marches on .... other than a few memories which will no doubt generate sporadic conversations from time to time, the book has been closed on Maureen's Camaro .... no clue what salvage yard it may be in .... after several days of searching and multiple visits to the local Chevy dealership were we have purchased our vehicles since the mid '70's, we've put down a spec'd out a 2024 Chevy Blazer .... they will order it in June so it should be delivered in early September right after we get back home from spending the summer in South Dakota .... this link shows a 2023 model the same color as the one we have on order ====>https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/blazer/ ....

a few observations from what I've learned so far :

1. I really wish they had given the same vehicle a different name .... over the years Blazers have been in competition with Ford Broncos and Dodge Ramchargers .... they were rather boxy vehicles designed for off-riding over unpaved surfaces such as sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks, and other natural terrain. The current generation is much more in line with being a bit smaller SUV than a Tahoe .... while it does offer front-wheel-drive with a switch to convert it to all-wheel-drive, it doesn't have a low range that is needed for off-roading

2. its interior dash design is inspired by the current generation Camaro .... one comment I've heard repeatedly is, its designed for a fellow who wants a Camaro but has a family too large for one

3. it will be the first front-wheel-drive vehicle either of us has ever owned .... the same is true for all-wheel-drive

4. it will have more safety features than any we've owned

5. it will be our first experience with an adaptive cruise control which they say is an advanced driver-assistance system for road vehicles that automatically adjusts the vehicle speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead.

6. it will have the same 308hp V6 3.6L engine that was in our Camaro

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in a call to the dealership I just learned ours is shown as being the first to be made in the next production run .... they are hot and heavy into turning out electric models, no info as to when the next production of gas models will be .... we should be back home in about 6 weeks... we can only hope the timing on all this works out

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too have been on a car hunt, my 2008 Nissan Versa is getting old, and the price of replacement catalytic converters has made it unreasonable to repair in this state. I looked at the "blazer" briefly, but am turned off by all the gadgetry which seems to be the cause of most issues in the cars I have had. My daughter bought a Spark, and its the first car I have seen recently that actually had roll down windows. Manual 5 speed too, very nice.
I am looking at a Trax, at least it doesn't have a CVT transmission but a regular 6 speed automatic. Problem being no dealership around here has any.
Funny about the "camaro style" interior. I remember the Vega was designed to mimic the camaro as well, designed to appeal to econocar people who wanted the look and feel of a camaro, which was pretty close, except for the horsepower. The Vega's were truly pathetic in that department.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I looked at the "blazer" briefly, but am turned off by all the gadgetry which seems to be the cause of most issues in the cars I have had.
my preferences in most vehicle options changed drastically a few months ago when we were in a wreck that (literally) destroyed my wife's 2016 Camaro .... it was loaded with a wide range of safety related options, some of which prevented physical harm to both of us .... in a new vehicle we wanted every safety proven design and system available .... when the BEX comes out, we will buy one ..... if our other vehicles continue to perform as they have been the purchase of this Blazer can easily be our last 4 wheel vehicle

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
my preferences in most vehicle options changed drastically a few months ago when we were in a wreck that (literally) destroyed my wife's 2016 Camaro .... it was loaded with a wide range of safety related options, some of which prevented physical harm to both of us .... in a new vehicle we wanted every safety proven design and system available .... when the BEX comes out, we will buy one ..... if our other vehicles continue to perform as they have been the purchase of this Blazer can easily be our last 4 wheel vehicle
I'm thinking of just keeping my 1998 Plymouth Voyager van (114,300 miles) and possibly getting a mini car, possibly electric, to do my runs to the hardware and grocery stores, bout about two miles away. Top speed of 35mph would be fine. The BEX is another possibility but I don't think it will be available for a few years. Hope I'm wrong.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wrote off the Trax after seeing all the reports of broken turbos and short lifespan engines. Now looking at the KIA Soul, which is where we started, same engine issues but they last longer and no turbo freezeup to worry about. Around here they are saying 60-90 days for the next shipment, almost none on any lots around here (same with the TRAX.) But you can have your pick of any big pickup truck, they have dozens.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The BEX is another possibility but I don't think it will be available for a few years. Hope I'm wrong.
I firmly believe that the BEX will be in production fairly soon .... he's pretty much got the car's design under control and is now working on setting up the assembly line

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5. it will be our first experience with an adaptive cruise control which they say is an advanced driver-assistance system for road vehicles that automatically adjusts the vehicle speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead.
I have that in my 2020 Corolla. Good Stuff!
I use it daily as a backup when I'm looking around at blind spots before a lane-change, I may not see the traiffic if it stops. But the cruise will.
I also use it to keep me from driffting the speed up via my lead-foot. Just set the speed, relax my foot, and I'm now a law-abiding citizen!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have that in my 2020 Corolla. Good Stuff!
I use it daily as a backup when I'm looking around at blind spots before a lane-change, I may not see the traiffic if it stops. But the cruise will.
I also use it to keep me from driffting the speed up via my lead-foot. Just set the speed, relax my foot, and I'm now a law-abiding citizen!
info much appreciated .... did it take you long to get used to having it take changes in your speed ..?

Top Bottom