• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

250,000 Units Per Year ?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
first time I saw a picture of the Elio, Said to myself, very cool, but way out of my price range-It looked like a jr. Viper
Then I saw the price which sealed the deal!! The day I saw it went all in1k, and haven't looked back- I keep looking forward, and even squinting my eyes don't even see a dot at the end of the tunnel yet. Driving the E will resolve my loss of50yrs of biking!! I've spent close to 2X the cost of the E buying bikes!! This should be my last road toy. For me it's a want, and I fully respect those for whom it's need .

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I first saw a P2 photo and thought it reminiscent of a hot rod front end with the open wheels & fenders. The P4 evolved into more of an Aptera look with it's smoother aero lines and fender skirts. Hence, I will do the open wheels & Indian fender option having a hot rod mentality. I'll lose some mpg's but most of my driving will be intown miles.

The Elio & will be my first road toy. I plan on one more road toy providing me with the real feel biking experience if the Lit Motors C-1 gets to market.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand the need for many to be sold but I want to have the unusual not the ho hum everyone has one.

Then you better hope Elio does a Delorean then.

delorean_7192.jpg

Or a Fisker
Obama-Pet-Fisker-Filing-Bankruptcy.jpg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I first saw a P2 photo and thought it reminiscent of a hot rod front end with the open wheels & fenders. The P4 evolved into more of an Aptera look with it's smoother aero lines and fender skirts. Hence, I will do the open wheels & Indian fender option having a hot rod mentality. I'll lose some mpg's but most of my driving will be intown miles.

The Elio & will be my first road toy. I plan on one more road toy providing me with the real feel biking experience if the Lit Motors C-1 gets to market.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/others/2014-lit-motors-c-1-ar136645.html :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand the need for many to be sold but I want to have the unusual not the ho hum everyone has one.
Since my Elio is a "want" and not a "need" I have changed my mind from originally wanting the "plain vanilla" Elio to something more exotic. I really like the front chin spoiler and the rear diffuser and am considering adding them to set my Elio apart from many others

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since my Elio is a "want" and not a "need" I have changed my mind from originally wanting the "plain vanilla" Elio to something more exotic. I really like the front chin spoiler and the rear diffuser and am considering adding them to set my Elio apart from many others

understood .... all too well understood .... I've got to stop looking at the options, the cost of ours seems to go up every time I do ...
EmoticonHelp.gif

Jim

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets use 250,000 per year for this. In 10 years of production - assuming every single one produced was still on the road, that would mean that 8 tenths of one percent of the US population owned one. 8 people out of every 1,000. And that's just considering the US, no international sales.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was love at first sight for me. Then I saw the MPG and the price, and American made and I gotta have it. I showed it to the wife and went all in for a grand less an hour after first reading an article about it in the local paper. I really don't consider it a purchase so much as an investment, as it will save us a lot of money at the gas pump that we can use for more important things than fuel for the commute. Plus it looks like a kick in the pants to drive.

Top Bottom