• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

4/23/15 Should New Yorkers Consider The Elio?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I definitely don't disagree that owning a car in New York City is trying at times, on the other hand, many of neighbors and friends do and for a reason. It is not as expensive as you might think, especially if you price it against other options. Also keep in mind that new luxury buildings are sprouting everywhere and usually come with parking spots. And with an Elio there would be much less time wasted lining up for a shrinking number of gas stations. :)

I don't know how far that bike-path along the Hudson has progressed, like most things in Manhattan, it's way to crowded. Yes, people in New York still use "car-cushions" to protect the rear of their vehicles, though that does nothing for the sides or the front (I have no idea how one rests at night while parking an expensive leased car on mean New York City streets).

As NSTG8R writes above, the picture is from the Detroit skyline. Looking forward to my own photos of my Elio in front of a New Jersey skyline (or preferably that of NYC)... ;)
My apologies I stand corrected

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somehow my memory tells me that the only long span like that would be the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
But it's been a long time since I've been in that area so I could be totally wrong.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images-1.jpeg
Somehow my memory tells me that the only long span like that would be the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
But it's been a long time since I've been in that area so I could be totally wrong.
yep- Staten Island to Brooklyn (Start of the NYC Marathon) Ft Wadsworth, on S. I. side and Ft Hamilton BK, guarded the harbor,

Last edited:
Top Bottom