• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

4/8/2015 - Mind Over Motor - What To Make Of Elio Motors?

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What a great, positive piece about our dream car! You folks from Washington, I retired out of Leavenworth, Washington back in 2009. I kinda miss the beauty, but certainly not the snow.
This great article just whets my Elio appetite even more.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I graduated from Evergreen, down in Olympia but still managed to spend time in Seattle, Bainbridge Island, and Renton areas with friends, I miss the Pacific Northwest quite a bit sometimes. .... :D
Ah, wha? Small world... I was raised in Olympia from 62 thru 72, then back 76-78 for Community Collage. I know -where- fore you speak!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I know you. My younger daughter graduated from Evergreen. The NW is the coolest part of the country,Evergreen the coolest college, both my kids live in Seattle (Green Lake & Capital Hill). The secret's out, and I think with the increase of folks (with big money) moving in is changing the City.
No kidding! You know there was an ancient time when you could drive from Olympia to the Space Needle with out a traffic jam, mid-day-mid-week! That was gone by the mid 80's. By the time I left in 97, you could only afford to buy a house 90min(midnight driving) away from Seattle-'proper'.

I learned to play tennis at the Evergreen Collage courts. Does that count? :-)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No kidding! You know there was an ancient time when you could drive from Olympia to the Space Needle with out a traffic jam, mid-day-mid-week! That was gone by the mid 80's. By the time I left in 97, you could only afford to buy a house 90min(midnight driving) away from Seattle-'proper'.

I learned to play tennis at the Evergreen Collage courts. Does that count? :)

Unlike their pop, they are in a financial position to afford the City. Much to my bewilderment, when she bought her house, and it seemed it would need a great deal of renovations- little did I know she bought the property, and went ahead, knocked it down and built new (I'd never heard of that). I'm happy, they're happy (and doing well) In my senior citizens development folks have their "kids" living with them (placing finger down my throat and gagging).
Encouraged by her college, and to the consternation of her pop, my youngest worked (Gates Foundation) one year in Uganda!! That seemed to be the "magic " door opener, when she returned recruiters were bidding for her!!I had some hair before she left!!
I don't know it's ranking, but traffic problem is way up near the top for Seattle, and that's with a very big push for public/bicycle encouragement. They got a tram from Seatac to downtown, and started building it out to GreenLake.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike their pop, they are in a financial position to afford the City. Much to my bewilderment, when she bought her house, and it seemed it would need a great deal of renovations- little did I know she bought the property, and went ahead, knocked it down and built new (I'd never heard of that). I'm happy, they're happy (and doing well) In my senior citizens development folks have their "kids" living with them (placing finger down my throat and gagging).
Encouraged by her college, and to the consternation of her pop, my youngest worked (Gates Foundation) one year in Uganda!! That seemed to be the "magic " door opener, when she returned recruiters were bidding for her!!I had some hair before she left!!
I don't know it's ranking, but traffic problem is way up near the top for Seattle, and that's with a very big push for public/bicycle encouragement. They got a tram from Seatac to downtown, and started building it out to GreenLake.

In the 40 years I've been living in the PNW, the Seattle area fought trains and the second monorail; they just kept putting more and more buses out.
I leave the Seattle area in 2006 to move to the south western part of the state and what do I hear about; Seattle is building trains through the city, out to the airport and across to Bellevue. 520 was replaced and I-5 went through a major renovation. I won't recognize the place if I ever have need to go up north. But where I live now in the state is more like it used to be a very long time ago in Seattle. I'm surrounded by farms and ranches, winery's and peace and quiet. Love it down here; great place to retire.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the 40 years I've been living in the PNW, the Seattle area fought trains and the second monorail; they just kept putting more and more buses out.
I leave the Seattle area in 2006 to move to the south western part of the state and what do I hear about; Seattle is building trains through the city, out to the airport and across to Bellevue. 520 was replaced and I-5 went through a major renovation. I won't recognize the place if I ever have need to go up north. But where I live now in the state is more like it used to be a very long time ago in Seattle. I'm surrounded by farms and ranches, winery's and peace and quiet. Love it down here; great place to retire.
Sounds like you found your little piece of paradise. Just like a lotta places in "back then" things change. I didn't know the "old" City. But before Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and the plethora of "start-ups" it must have been so much different. I can see the change too. With the real state crash '08-
Seattle didn't even burp, some areas prices went up!! I can't complain about the high- tech culture, both my kids have profited well. The youngest had a final list of S.F., Seattle and Austin.
For me, growing up in NYC, Seattle is just the right size, and a few hour drive you're in another climate zone. Lately, like the rest of the planet, they are experiencing much warmer/dryer spring/summer.

Top Bottom