• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

50% Bonus Again On Reservations

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I knew they had a "Black Friday" promo for 50% bonus , but they also have one now for Christmas holiday.

I upped my investment to the Max of $1000.00 all in

Boy do I feel really stupid. Please make me feel better about my lack of judgement.
I'm not too sure why you feel stupid. The bonus has been on since Black Friday and until further notice. Essentially you just gave yourself a $500 discount on your Elio. What other gift will give you that kind of reward? Congratulations. You should get your Spot In Line number shortly after the first of the year. :-) Z

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I knew they had a "Black Friday" promo for 50% bonus , but they also have one now for Christmas holiday.

I upped my investment to the Max of $1000.00 all in

Boy do I feel really stupid. Please make me feel better about my lack of judgement.

Nothing to feel stupid about. Like many of us you have chosen to take a step in a new direction. To one of the first not the tail end of a new way to think about economy and driving. It takes people willing to try something new to effect change, not a government mandate . Along with ELIO we will make a difference and do it in a fun way The ELIO.
Welcome to the $1000 T shit club wear it proudly.

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is one thing giving a startup Co a $1000.00 hoping for a return on investment, quite another thing giving the $1000 for nothing more than the privilege to buy the product. That is what I call the stupid part.

Does anyone else think the Elio looks best if there are no other cars in the picture?

The size seems to distract me when I see them pictured with other cars on the road.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is one thing giving a startup Co a $1000.00 hoping for a return on investment, quite another thing giving the $1000 for nothing more than the privilege to buy the product. That is what I call the stupid part.

Does anyone else think the Elio looks best if there are no other cars in the picture?

The size seems to distract me when I see them pictured with other cars on the road.

in my way of thinking, "All In" and "Want In" reservations allow a person to give a start-up company that they are interested in some working capital, a support base from which the company can use in helping secure additional funding, advertising good will, and a customer base advocating for the company .... in addition, the way EM has setup their reservations system, it gives the folks making reservations a priority on receiving an Elio .... the same type reservation policies are used in many areas where products/properties are being developed .... condos for example .... unfortunately, not all come to fruition, I believe Elio Motors will do so .... as to relative size, its all relative .... I've driven big rigs and small ones as well .... 2 wheel, 4 wheel, 6 wheel, 10 wheel, 18 wheel .... I'm looking forward to adding 3 wheel to the list .. :)

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Hey JD, of the two options you mention, sounds like you feel you did the 2nd option: gave a grand for a privilege to buy the product.

It appears that you have buyer's remorse, is that true? Not quite sure where you are coming from. It's so very important that you only do a reservation if you have the money that is disposable income, OR you have such confidence in Elio that you are willing to take the chance.

If you feel embarrassed / disappointed, it's best to figure out a way to "move on" from what you feel was a mistake. Forgive yourself, learn from it, and move on when you can. Don' worry... be happy.

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It appears that you have buyer's remorse, is that true? Not quite sure where you are coming from. It's so very important that you only do a reservation if you have the money that is disposable income, OR you have such confidence in Elio that you are willing to take the chance.

If you feel embarrassed / disappointed, it's best to figure out a way to "move on" from what you feel was a mistake. Forgive yourself, learn from it, and move on when you can. Don' worry... be happy.

No buyers remorse, I am a big boy and know the score.
I just doubled my initial investment from $500.00 to $1000.00.
I feel a little greedy in the fact if they had not given the 50% additional credit I would not have put money down.
My Confidence is not as great as my desire for them to succeed.
I want them to succeed, but does not make it true.
As a business person this cuts against my grain, to invest in something that I have an emotional stake in.
It is Never a good combination of business and emotions.

I do know that it is my best interest to Rah Rah this whole adventure.
The bigger it gets the less likely it will fail.
I am just not built that way, to overlook the reality of the situation.

Only time will tell if I should have invested that $1000.00 in Microsoft 30 years ago.

LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom