• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

557HP 2024 Chevy Blazer SS REVEALED!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
shortly we will be placing an order for 2023 Chevy Blazer RS .... it will be powered by a gasoline fueled 308 hp 3.6L V6 ..... while I have absolutely NO interest in purchasing one, I do find the electric powered 557HP 2024 Chevy Blazer SS to be interesting and I'm looking forward to following its development

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you change your oil! I imagine you already know the reputation the timing chains have on the 3.6. I really dig the red interior on the SS, though time will tell how it holds up.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
None of those routine service considerations with the electric powered 557HP SS, only range anxiety issues. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Make sure you change your oil! I imagine you already know the reputation the timing chains have on the 3.6. I really dig the red interior on the SS, though time will tell how it holds up.
The majority of the timing chain issues are with the LY7 and earlier versions of the LLT 3.6L engine. By the 2012 model year, GM had made several changes to help address the timing chain issues the 3.6L engine was having. Although vehicles after the 2012 model year may still have timing chain problems, it is much less common than years past. Our 2016 had a 3.6. It provided us with excellent performance as well as mileage. Can only hope the one in the Blazer will give us the same level of service

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Blazer never was a truck, but rather a Sport Utility Vehicle and it just keeps getting sportier. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
here is a link to a pretty good history of the K5 Blazer .... the pictures gave me flashbacks to those days gone by :car:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was a "real" Blazer...

truck1.jpg

Top Bottom