• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

6/10 Truth About Cars

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
most interesting article .... it not only confirms info given in other recent publications but (as noted) promises updates from a source that, "Paul Elio said he’d be happy to give TTAC access to the prototype build as they reach significant stages in the fabrication." .... I also can appreciate the comment, "When asked when their latest prototype would be finished, Paul Elio said he didn’t want to give a specific time frame because they’re pushing to meet a somewhat unrealistic, accelerated schedule and they don’t want the attendant bad publicity from missing a published deadline." .... history shows that there are those whose mission in life seems to be twisting info from EM in an attempt to give credibility to their projections of doom and gloom .... because of them we will be getting less info during the process

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
most interesting article .... it not only confirms info given in other recent publications but (as noted) promises updates from a source that, "Paul Elio said he’d be happy to give TTAC access to the prototype build as they reach significant stages in the fabrication." .... I also can appreciate the comment, "When asked when their latest prototype would be finished, Paul Elio said he didn’t want to give a specific time frame because they’re pushing to meet a somewhat unrealistic, accelerated schedule and they don’t want the attendant bad publicity from missing a published deadline." .... history shows that there are those whose mission in life seems to be twisting info from EM in an attempt to give credibility to their projections of doom and gloom .... because of them we will be getting less info during the process
I also appreciate that Paul acknowledged he was shooting for a somewhat unrealistic, accelerated schedule. Although he may have believed his past projections were unrealistic, he never acknowledged it.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, I took this as PE having learned to produce first, talk later, probably not his style but what needs to be done to keep the Trolls under their bridges of doom. :eek: :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in rereading the Truth About Cars article in the link given in the opening post, I keep going back to this paragraph :

"Fabrication has indeed started at the same suburban Detroit shop that built P1 through P4. When asked when their latest prototype would be finished, Paul Elio said he didn’t want to give a specific time frame because they’re pushing to meet a somewhat unrealistic, accelerated schedule and they don’t want the attendant bad publicity from missing a published deadline. Prototypes almost always take longer to build than planned, but Paul’s hoping that by pushing to do it in half the time, they’ll be able to at least finish ahead of a normal schedule. Elio did say the P5 would be introduced within the next few months."

I believe the bold/underlined part above pretty well sums it up .... I have no doubt that Paul is pushing the company for all he's worth .... if June 30th ends up being the date, they have just over a year between now and starting production .... much not only can happen in a year but in this case, much must be done .... Paul most certainly knows this better than anyone else and appears to doing whatever is necessary to make it happen .... so long as there is evidence of progress, I honestly wouldn't be the least bit upset if there is another delay

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in rereading the Truth About Cars.... Paul most certainly knows this better than anyone else and appears to doing whatever is necessary to make it happen .... so long as there is evidence of progress, I honestly wouldn't be the least bit upset if there is another delay

I agree JEBar! Evidence of progress is great, but I'd be satisfied with just honest communication, even if it means another delay.

Top Bottom