• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

6/8/15 - Pr Newswire - P5 Will Include Iav Engine And Aisin Tranny

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
getting a P5 out, and exposed, and maybe more than one, like 5 to 10, would create and confirm a lot of believers.

At this point, Elio only needs to create one P5 and cultivate one believer... the DOE.

Funding is the missing ingredient for success. If the P5 delivers close to 84 mpg, the ATVM loan is more likely.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Multi-Mode Manual is the same thing as "Automatic Manual Transmission". This will be the upgraded transmission. The standard transmission will be the standard transmission. (lol)

Well, it calls it two different things in two different places.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it really is.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the fist "A" would stand for automated rather than automatic. Why quibble. What I want to see are cars getting produced on the assembly line. Proof of concept vehicles that validate the start of production. Turning out X-# of bespoke vehicles or development prototypes just sucks up much needed cash to move into the final steps to production.

How much do you think the handmade versions of this cost? http://motorcycles.axlegeeks.com/app-question/161/What-is-the-average-price-of-a-new-motorcycle

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How much do you think the handmade versions of this cost?

The hand made version was quoted at $ SIX figures.

unless they find a major flaw in design that must be corrected, I suspect that the P5 will be the most expensive .... jigs custom built for the P5 can be reused with subsequent models .... while they will be considerably more expensive than production units, I tend to believe that the more they build, the cheaper they will be

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
unless they find a major flaw in design that must be corrected, I suspect that the P5 will be the most expensive .... jigs custom built for the P5 can be reused with subsequent models .... while they will be considerably more expensive than production units, I tend to believe that the more they build, the cheaper they will be

When you build the first one you are also building jigs which will be used on all subsequent versions. And that's when you are paying for them even though the jigs are used on subsequent versions.

Top Bottom