• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

8/28/2014 - The Truth About Cars - Exclusive Capsule Review: Elio Motors P4 Prototype

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess we will find out; we are now 1/2 the way to 60,000 reservations!
Wait until the IAV engine is done, and the "E" Series are built. Then there will be the "Show and Drive" tour, closer to production..... I'm betting on a First Year SELLOUT! Oh, and don't forget the 'Fleet Sales'.
upload_2014-9-5_14-20-19.jpeg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From The Truth About Cars, and posted by Elio on Facebook. It really is a more in-depth video/review than I've seen so far.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/08/exclusive-capsule-review-elio-motors-p4-prototype/

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing article thread
Here is the promised link

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3740884335001/3-wheel-elio-takes-on-the-smart-car/#sp=show-clips

It starts with pictures of the P3 and moves on to film of the P4 driving in snow. There is another snow video of the P4 but this shows much more footage and is much more interesting in my opinion. :-) Z

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! I love this report. I'm almost sorry I have to leave for the pool. I am going to have to look at all the galleries of photos when I get back home. Thanks for posting that, goofyone. :) Z

Yes, this was quite a nice report. Counterbalancing it somewhat are the fears/concerns expressed in the comments at the conclusion of the article. Most are not "haters", but rather interested car people with various needs. What is worthwhile in reading them, is that they express what many "average joes" see as stumbling blocks or hesitations in their embrace of the Elio. To be successful, they cannot be ignored.

We remain optimistic that as production nears, some of their views will be modified. One concern stated more than once was occupant safety. I believe that the reference to 200 mph open wheel race car crash survivability, along with the multiple airbags, ABS, and stability control will need to be constantly stressed by EM.

Top Bottom