• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

9/5/14 E M Blog - Yes*, You Will Fit In The Elio

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Friday Elio Friends and Family! The NFL kicked off the 2014 season last night, College Football is going into week 2 and the Elio Tour is headed back to California and the west coast! Perfect time of year and a perfect early fall schedule! This week we are going to try to answer that question of “will I fit?” again and share a couple of new pictures.

We still get this question upwards of 200 times every week: “Will I fit?” The answer is, yes*. We put the asterisk (*) there to be a little tongue in cheek because we know it is a qualified yes, most every person will fit in the driver’s seat of the Elio but there is always the possibility that some will not, the “top of the charts” type. The vehicle is built to seat two people (front to back) that are 6’1″ and 220 pounds. That is considered a 95th percentile American meaning that only 5% of the population will be larger than the Elio is designed to accommodate.

[Broken External Image]

But wait, many people that are above that number can still fit! Yes they can. We have documented and shared some of the 95%+ with you before: How about a 7’4″ , 7′ 0″ (in the picture above)? Yes. Football Players? Yes – 6’5″ 360 pounds of defensive lineman – check. We have had people that are 6’2″ with a 54″ waist, a man that was 5’9″ and 300 pounds, a man with a 38″ inseam, tons of 6’3 and 6’4″ men and women – all fit and could drive the Elio comfortably! This chart topping group of people have issues fitting in cars today, especially the long legged, and have found a way to make it work. They find a way to make the Elio work as well!

The other seat in the Elio, (yes there are 2!) will also fit most people. Of course it is a little smaller but is designed for a 6’1″ person. There is obviously a trade off with the driver because of the adjustable seat in the front, the larger the driver the less room for the passenger, makes sense right?

We had two people in the Elio, 6’1″ and 5’11″, drive all day (in Manhattan none the less!) in comfort. The truth is most of the miles people travel today are done alone. We have that covered plus the ability to grab a friend, co-worker or family member and take them along for some Elio fun! Check out this video from the last tour stop in Colorado to see people getting in and out of the P4!

Speaking of a family member, what about children? Or more specifically, car seat aged kids? We’re on that too! The Elio will come equipped with the industry standard LATCH child seat system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) in the rear seat. This will allow you to safely anchor a car seat in the rear seat. This will be perfect for those with a small child or for the Coolest Grandma/Grandpa in the World to take a grandchild for a spin we have you covered! Here is a picture of a car seat in the rear of the P4.

[Broken External Image]

This week on the Preview Tour:

September 6 and 7, 2014 – Sacramento, CA Area, California Capital Airshow, Mather Airport, 10510 Superfortress Avenue, Mather CA, Show hours 9 am to 4:30 pm both days – P4 show

September 12 – 14, 2014 – San Pedro, CA, Lobster Festival, Port O’Call Village- Port of Los Angeles, Friday 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday 11 am – 8 pm and Sunday 11 am – 7 pm – P4 show

Thank you for your continued support!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fully understand what it is. It could be put to better and more productive use. Like some word on the plant..
Have they unlocked the door yet ,been inside it, cleaned up any of the dust ect.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fully understand what it is. It could be put to better and more productive use. Like some word on the plant..
Have they unlocked the door yet ,been inside it, cleaned up any of the dust ect.
Most likely not because if they did, they would simply have to do it all over again. The current work is being done in Michigan. They will move to Shreveport once all the systems are go for who, how, where so all they have to do is do it. Whatever it is. :-) Z

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because of the way ELIO is starting up. The customer in a sense is the investor. It will be the customer faith that carries ELIO.
So far it is pretty amazing, almost 34,000 reservation. It can not stop there. They have the easy sell the low hanging fruit, now they need to give others a reason to get onboard. That is not going to come from blog reports of a tall person getting in. There needs to be hard facts on where they are in getting ready for production.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because of the way ELIO is starting up. The customer in a sense is the investor. It will be the customer faith that carries ELIO.
So far it is pretty amazing, almost 34,000 reservation. It can not stop there. They have the easy sell the low hanging fruit, now they need to give others a reason to get onboard. That is not going to come from blog reports of a tall person getting in. There needs to be hard facts on where they are in getting ready for production.
And I have a feeling that when they are out on the road and people start seeing them we will see a rush of new orders....

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

I believe you are getting ahead of things as EM is still in the vehicle development phase. There will not be much production news or work on setting up the plant until about six months before production. The only news out of Shreveport we may hear before then is cleaning out some unneeded equipment for sale which may or may not also include some extra equipment being moved around in preparation for future work.

The hard facts we should hear about in the near future will be about the vehicle development program as this needs to be completed before production anyway. Over the next few months we will be hearing more about the engine being completed and tested as well as the building of the P5 then the E series preproduction run of vehicles which will be used for most of the final phase of development and testing including crash testing.

I wish I could say more right now however you are just going to have to believe me when I say that the fourth quarter of this year will be full of positive developments.(:

viii_ball

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does Elio need to feed you hard facts? You've already swallowed the KoolAid. As any smart company would be doing they are ginning up NEW converts. And being 6'3" with a 38" inseam I like this latest post :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer they don't spend their time posting "breaking updates" There is still a lot of development and testing to be done before they even start to build it. I'm anxious to sit in mine too (I'm 5' 18") but until next year we will just have to be patient. I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Top Bottom