• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Few Questions.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
#1 – With the Elio having such a lightweight rear end, do you think it would be possible (especially facing downhill) to pop the clutch in reverse and do a backwards wheelie? This question is really just for fun.

#2 – With no spare, a flat would also include a tow truck bill along with replacing the tire, right?

#3 – I’ve seen posts about financing and saving for a new Elio, but has anyone checked out the Elio credit card program? You promise to buy all the gas you put in the Elio on the card, and they triple that amount on your bill. For instance, you buy $10.00 worth of gas and that will show up as $30.00 on your bill. The extra money they charge is your car payment. Pay it off every month, and there’s an interest free loan. Basically, it’s like getting 25mpg (based on an estimated 75mpg) in the Elio, which is about what most of us are use to. In my case, I wouldn’t feel a thing financially.

Hardy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
#2. Same as a motorcycle. Only seen two flats in 15 yrs of riding. Neither we r e mine and I have more than 100k miles of riding. I have roadside assistance o my policy.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
#1 – With the Elio having such a lightweight rear end, do you think it would be possible (especially facing downhill) to pop the clutch in reverse and do a backwards wheelie? This question is really just for fun.

#2 – With no spare, a flat would also include a tow truck bill along with replacing the tire, right?

#3 – I’ve seen posts about financing and saving for a new Elio, but has anyone checked out the Elio credit card program? You promise to buy all the gas you put in the Elio on the card, and they triple that amount on your bill. For instance, you buy $10.00 worth of gas and that will show up as $30.00 on your bill. The extra money they charge is your car payment. Pay it off every month, and there’s an interest free loan. Basically, it’s like getting 25mpg (based on an estimated 75mpg) in the Elio, which is about what most of us are use to. In my case, I wouldn’t feel a thing financially.

1. I DO NOT recommend anyone try this as it would not be a safe act. Popping it in reverse would likely just damage your transmission. What you would have to do is disable the ABS and rear brake, accelerate hard, and stomp on the front brakes which may, depending on vehicle speed and balance, bring the rear end up just like it would on a motorcycle/atv stoppie or endo.

2. Carry a can of fix-a-flat which should take care of you most of the time. Motorcyclists run without spares all the time without many issues. If you absolutely need one they will sell them as an option however you would pretty much give up all the space in the rear hatch.

3. The details on this have not been released however this would be a credit card so interest would likely be charged and I would also imagine a minimum monthly payment would be required. This sounds like an interesting idea however depending on the interest charged it may or may not be a good idea for some people.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3. The details on this have not been released however this would be a credit card so interest would likely be charged and I would also imagine a minimum monthly payment would be required. This sounds like an interesting idea however depending on the interest charged it may or may not be a good idea for some people.

I an interested in the credit card option but you are right it may not be better over normal financing. I just hope they go easy on me I don't use credit cards (past credit problems and I don't have any cc currently) I haven't financed a vehicle in 5 years.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
#2. Same as a motorcycle. Only seen two flats in 15 yrs of riding. Neither we r e mine and I have more than 100k miles of riding. I have roadside assistance o my policy.
Driving since 72, never had a flat. Rotated every 10K and drove till the wires were sticking out the side walls on all four tires.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Oh yea backwards wheelie!! Put her in reverse and dump the clutch. I'll let you try it first.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ok here is the simple math, go to your bank or credit union and get a $7000 loan with a term of 60 months. With the current rate (2.29) at my credit union the payments will be $124 per month (that's a super low payment). Now the eye opener, if I drive 15000 miles per year and get 30 MPG more than I am getting now with my Colorado I will save $112.50 per month on gas if gas is at $3 per gallon. Now more math, subtract the savings from the payment this equals a monthly payment of $11.50. Here in Iowa with the deposit on pop cans I only need to pick up 230 pop cans per month to have a new car. At this rate everyone should be all in at $1000, I am. With the $500 off the price for going all in at $1000 this pretty much makes this a free car without the Elio credit card

Top Bottom