• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Little Movement On Changing Dealership Laws

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As usual, bills for the benefit of the public through the government takes "time", unless it is for "money for the Govt." then it is on "fastrak".
MY OPINION.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Utah situation is interesting. And messy. The problem for Elio is that if it goes to court, and Tesla wins, that only affects Utah. Not much help for the other states where both companies want to sell cars.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's really an easy obstacle to overcome. Just come to Texas and drive it home from here. We'd be glad to co-opt the sales tax that would otherwise have gone to those shortsighted states which prevent factory outlets.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's really an easy obstacle to overcome. Just come to Texas and drive it home from here. We'd be glad to co-opt the sales tax that would otherwise have gone to those shortsighted states which prevent factory outlets.
As I recall Texas was one of the first States that enacted legislation to prohibit direct to consumer sales of vehicles, or is it just cars and/or Tesla's.

Odd legislation in a free enterprise State.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I recall Texas was one of the first States that enacted legislation to prohibit direct to consumer sales of vehicles, or is it just cars and/or Tesla's.

Odd legislation in a free enterprise State.
Sometimes the Peoples Republic of Austin thinks they represent Texans.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget that it was the automobile dealer's association that prevented Elio from being at the Texas State Fair.
I think this like the digital-media struggle. The retailers are fighting a losing battle(eventually), and making a bad name for themselves in the process. The winners will be the ones who accommodate/embrace the new world. The smart ones will make a deal with Elio/Tesla, that gives them entry, what ever form that might be. Do they really want to go the way of the video store?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this like the digital-media struggle. The retailers are fighting a losing battle(eventually), and making a bad name for themselves in the process. The winners will be the ones who accommodate/embrace the new world. The smart ones will make a deal with Elio/Tesla, that gives them entry, what ever form that might be. Do they really want to go the way of the video store?
It's the NADA political action group fighting what is considered to be their own keep government out of the free enterprise system platform...........follow their millions and you see where it goes. Privately owned SMART auto dealers don't ALL support NADA's strategy and/or agree with what's going on in the few states writing new legislation or enforcing antiquated individual State Laws.

Obviously, big auto isn't anti-EV.........they know EV's are the future and are manufacturing there own electric model lineup and some are starting to have some nice styling and functional range for everyday commuter use. They aren't anti-three wheelers either..........there are many interesting future three wheeler EV concept designs and prototypes coming out of their engineering and design departments. The auto industry is changing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom