• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Person From Elio Called Me Back (844-289-3546).. This Is What I Learned!

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For starters, the number above is the one I called which I got from a Rep in OKC when I asked about my production number and t shirt.. A few days ago a woman called , she said I'd hear from someone in a few days ( no caller id) this morning a man Called ( no caller id)..He said he would get me a t shirt and bumper sticker out and apologized for not receiving the one that records indicate was sent almost a month ago
.. He also said it's his responsibility for sending t shirts and production numbers and he would be working on the new batch ( his words ) this week-end.. He may have mentioned his name but i did not pay much attention when he introduced himself because of the no caller id until I heard "From Elio".. So I pumped out questions until he said "Gotta cut this off now, expecting a confrence call.. Here are the questions and answers I got..I asked are you definitely in the Shreveport (also mentioned to him the latest news saying maybe not )
his Answer.."We have un-offically been in since December".. I asked him to explain.. He answered.. "WE have some political hurdles but one of our investor/partners bought the equipment, so we own it but wether we build Elio there or not is an issue", he went on to say that right now all work in being done in Detroit..I told him about my concerns about Elio hounding my neice via phone and internet to complete her check out on Elio's reservation site, also mentioned them telling her she would be issued an easy pay credit/fuel card since she is a student and does not have a job.. He answered, that plan will only be in effect once the retail stores are open and if customers have a trade , also said the program still does not have a bank completely on board at this time and interest rates would be in line with a buyers credit score and could be in the 22% range or turned down..I asked if Elio will be in production at the beginning of 2015..His answer "We certainly want to be"..I asked about test driving and factory pick up.. He answered.. Once we Build a few Elios with the correct motor and transmission etc that will be the same as a cutomer purchase we hope to figure out a way to do this"..I asked if Elio was a 100% go now with everything needed to get up and running..His answer...."Monty you just like us at Elio are taking a risk, anything could happen".. At that point it wasn't hard to tell he waqs tired of getting drilled and mentioned his urgent pending conferencecall.. Oh, I also heard a tv and home like noises in background, so I doubt he was calling from an office.. Take this information any way you want to.. I'm thinking they are no closer to building Elios now than they were in 2013.. The number is listed in this head line, call them yourself !

Last edited:

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see any new info in the responses you got.
And I think Elio has made progress since 2013.
But hey, I see the glass as half full.:cool:
Ditto..Meaning 50-50- chance of it happening.. But read it again and you will notice Shreveport is not a go yet.. I consider that new or at least answered somewhat truthful By Elio

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For starters, the number above is the one I called which I got from a Rep in OKC when I asked about my production number and t shirt.. A few days ago a woman called , she said I'd hear from someone in a few days ( no caller id) this morning a man Called ( no caller id)..He said he would get me a t shirt and bumper sticker out and apologized for not receiving the one that records indicate was sent almost a month ago
.. He also said it's his responsibility for sending t shirts and production numbers and he would be working on the new batch ( his words ) this week-end.. He may have mentioned his name but i did not pay much attention when he introduced himself because of the no caller id until I heard "From Elio".. So I pumped out questions until he said "Gotta cut this off now, expecting a confrence call.. Here are the questions and answers I got..I asked are you definitely in the Shreveport (also mentioned to him the latest news saying maybe not )
his Answer.."We have un-offically been in since December".. I asked him to explain.. He answered.. "WE have some political hurdles but one of our investor/partners bought the equipment, so we own it but wether we build Elio there or not is an issue", he went on to say that right now all work in being done in Detroit..I told him about my concerns about Elio hounding my neice via phone and internet to complete her check out on Elio's reservation site, also mentioned them telling her she would be issued an easy pay credit/fuel card since she is a student and does not have a job.. He answered, that plan will only be in effect once the retail stores are open and if customers have a trade , also said the program still does not have a bank completely on board at this time and interest rates would be in line with a buyers credit score and could be in the 22% range or turned down..I asked if Elio will be in production at the beginning of 2015..His answer "We certainly want to be"..I asked about test driving and factory pick up.. He answered.. Once we Build a few Elios with the correct motor and transmission etc that will be the same as a cutomer purchase we hope to figure out a way to do this"..I asked if Elio was a 100% go now with everything needed to get up and running..His answer...."Monty you just like us at Elio are taking a risk, anything could happen".. At that point it wasn't hard to tell he waqs tired of getting drilled and mentioned his urgent pending conferencecall.. Oh, I also heard a tv and home like noises in background, so I doubt he was calling from an office.. Take this information any way you want to.. I'm thinking they are no closer to building Elios now than they were in 2013.. The number is listed in this head line, call them yourself !
I think you had some great questions, but if that person you spoke to was responsible for sending out t shirts and issuing production numbers, I would doubt he would be any more knowledgable than you are. If you notice, everyone associated with public dealings for Elio, seems to be a sub contractor. I would doubt that person has anything to do with the production of the vehicle, and all he knows is what he hears on those conference calls he was in such a hurry to get on. And since they do not officially have factory, he probably does work from home. Which would be why you heard the TV in the background. Having spent a 32 yrs in the telecommunications industry, I can tell you very few people had a day to day knowledge of what the Corporation was doing. And we had a reporting place.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you had some great questions, but if that person you spoke to was responsible for sending out t shirts and issuing production numbers, I would doubt he would be any more knowledgable than you are. If you notice, everyone associated with public dealings for Elio, seems to be a sub contractor. I would doubt that person has anything to do with the production of the vehicle, and all he knows is what he hears on those conference calls he was in such a hurry to get on. And since they do not officially have factory, he probably does work from home. Which would be why you heard the TV in the background. Having spent a 32 yrs in the telecommunications industry, I can tell you very few people had a day to day knowledge of what the Corporation was doing. And we had a reporting place.
I'm 65 years old, grad from Duke, worked in Business, finance, all my life, Thanks for the info, I'll call you next time my Direct Tv or wi-fi goes down..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 65 years old, grad from Duke, worked in Business, finance, all my life, Thanks for the info, I'll call you next time my Direct Tv or wi-fi goes down..
Wow, that was kind of harsh. I thought Eddie66 complimented your knowlege there and didn't say anything bad about you or your posts. What he said made sense to me in that Elio probably still has a lot of part-timers or at least people with other jobs. Hell, I'd be surprised if the T-Shirt giver/order taker knew much at all about the plant especially with all the misinformation out there. You and I and shoot, lots of us, probably know more about Elio than most. We certainly know more than most of the media pundits. I enjoy your posts and insights even when you and I don't see eye to eye. You've got business and finance experience and survived this long so I give you props. Keep sharing info and insights as you get them.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
O'Lord, not this again.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSofpXDY086pd0fXVAVXrErGB2jnY7yT0dK7E34hhpfoRHXuyLquA.png

The Maddness

Top Bottom