• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Video Explaining Tesla’s “autopilot” Features

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aaaand thats about it. Still don't see how this fits with the Elio.
I don't see any harm talking about something else while waiting for the ELIO. I don't even see any negative posts regarding ELIO to put longtime ELIO supporters/reservation holders down. But I'll be really curious to hear your input....any input positive or negative regarding the current status of the ELIO and the company as a whole other than the friday blogs of course that we could talk about! ;)

Last edited:

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't see any harm talking about something else while waiting for the ELIO. I don't even see any negative posts regarding ELIO to put longtime ELIO supporters/reservation holders down. But I'll be really curious to hear your input....any input positive or negative regarding the current status of the ELIO and the company as a whole other than the friday blogs of course that we could talk about! ;)

Neither Do I, but the devil is in the details.

If you take some time to look around, you would see Ive made allot of stupid input. Im generally a doom and gloom poster but always make it clear that the Elio is still relevant for my purposes (not so much for others) so Im sticking around. I also almost always quantify that with a "for now".

But lets start with the nit pick. This thread is in "General ELIO Discussion". Tesla autopilot is not part of the Elio in any matter so this would be best in the "General Discussion" nest to the topics about guns, dogs, and football.

I feel if I continue, I may rustle some feathers...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neither Do I, but the devil is in the details.

If you take some time to look around, you would see Ive made allot of stupid input. Im generally a doom and gloom poster but always make it clear that the Elio is still relevant for my purposes (not so much for others) so Im sticking around. I also almost always quantify that with a "for now".

But lets start with the nit pick. This thread is in "General ELIO Discussion". Tesla autopilot is not part of the Elio in any matter so this would be best in the "General Discussion" nest to the topics about guns, dogs, and football.

I feel if I continue, I may rustle some feathers...
Point taken Burg. And I totally agree nothing's over until EM say's it's over so keep up the faith! By the way, I didn't start this thread but duly noted on General Discussion.;)

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Autopilot concept has a direct correlation with the Elio. It comes down to the question: Do you want high tech or not? Are you willing to pay a lot for high tech or do you wish to spend your money on something else? Lets face it, a vehicle is an investment. Will the resale value of the vehicle be worth it? I would prefer a low cost vehicle and spend my money on solar cells with Enphase microinverters. That could potentially pay for itself over time, and with the new IQ8 coming out this year, would provide my home with off the grid power.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Autopilot concept has a direct correlation with the Elio. It comes down to the question: Do you want high tech or not? Are you willing to pay a lot for high tech or do you wish to spend your money on something else? Lets face it, a vehicle is an investment. Will the resale value of the vehicle be worth it? I would prefer a low cost vehicle and spend my money on solar cells with Enphase microinverters. That could potentially pay for itself over time, and with the new IQ8 coming out this year, would provide my home with off the grid power.
Basically, if you are looking at a car as an investment, you haven't EVER seen used car prices. With VERY few exceptions, ALL cars lose value after purchased. Elio will be one of the best "investments" in many respects. I mean, the most you can lose on an $8,000 car is... well, $8,000. An $80,000 brand new vehicle is seldom worth... Well, let's let cute graphics tell the story:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/how-fast-does-my-new-car-lose-value-infographic.html

Top Bottom