• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Abc12.com: Elio Motors Shows Vehicle Prototype At Flint Farmers' Market

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone posted an article a few days ago showing that the section of the plant that Elio will use has been sold.
They don't list the buyer or price.
Here I can go into state records and look up on any piece of property who owns it and taxable amount; but LA does Title to land a little different than anyone else and I don't know if they offer the same online listing. I'll have to go digging and see what I can find.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The part I find interesting is:

"Investors are lined up and a facility is secured"

This makes it sound as if the 'money is lined up' meaning the money needed for production is secured as well as the facility.

Perhaps Joel Sheltrown is not as skilled at being coy with people and let out some information.
Or, perhaps the reporter is not extremely precise.

http://www.abc12.com/home/headlines...totype-at-Flint-Farmers-Market-394687131.html

Regardless, it is a good video.
I would suspect the latter. Never overestimate the importance of Facts or understanding to a reporter looking for a narrative to present.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone posted an article a few days ago showing that the section of the plant that Elio will use has been sold.
They don't list the buyer or price.
Here I can go into state records and look up on any piece of property who owns it and taxable amount; but LA does Title to land a little different than anyone else and I don't know if they offer the same online listing. I'll have to go digging and see what I can find.
Louisiana Law is based on French Law rather then the English common law we are used to elsewhere. Part of the difference is the retention of rights for those who have not kept up to date on their taxes. It creates a title nightmare. Rights granted 200 years ago can be used to create a cloud on the title.

But tax records are generally up to date, but not really evidence of ownership.

As far as a sale of the property, it could be any number of things from an error to a mere move to a subsidiary company for tax or liability purposes.

Top Bottom