• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Additional Options?

jimvw57

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was told on Facebook by someone that there is a "Tech Option" for an extra $1000 ? First I have heard of it. I know they have talked about a few options like Apple stuff but I have not heard any details or specific items. Anyone??

jimvw57

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yeah.. not something I would need or want on my car. Putting a WiFi or hot spot on a car is not a great idea. not something you would want to use while driving down the road(??) but then I bought my Smart car as a basic "Pure" model with a radio and A/C as the only options, and been just fine with that. More gizmo's mean more problems right??

jimvw57

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I ended up getting one of those air machines for sleep apnea and it connects to something to track my sleeping history. The other day I get a call telling me I don't use it as much as I should be so what's the problem?? Talk about big brother watching... Come on now!! so I told her what the problem was with the machine, and now I have to go in to get the dang thing reprogrammed.. Maybe they should just leave me alone.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ended up getting one of those air machines for sleep apnea and it connects to something to track my sleeping history. The other day I get a call telling me I don't use it as much as I should be so what's the problem?? Talk about big brother watching... Come on now!! so I told her what the problem was with the machine, and now I have to go in to get the dang thing reprogrammed.. Maybe they should just leave me alone.
CPAP only works if you use it. It sounds like you are having problems with yours and someone offered to fix it. Pretty cool. While I hate that I have to use it, mine has made a huge difference in how I feel, how my memory is coming back... apparently, when you stop breathing, wake up, and then breathe again 97 times an hour, it isn't good. I took my machine in after three months and they made programming adjustments... much easier to use now. If only they could do the programming over the net and save me a trip. I mean, why would I care that some random person knows I didn't sleep well?

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah.. not something I would need or want on my car. Putting a WiFi or hot spot on a car is not a great idea. not something you would want to use while driving down the road(??) but then I bought my Smart car as a basic "Pure" model with a radio and A/C as the only options, and been just fine with that. More gizmo's mean more problems right??
Add just a cd player or equivalent and a rear window that perhaps slides up into the roof area of the safety cage and I'm good to go.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Add just a cd player or equivalent and a rear window that perhaps slides up into the roof area of the safety cage and I'm good to go.
You can't see the rear window area from the drivers seat unless you REALLY cram your head to the side and then you wouldn't see anything worth looking at except maybe a little square directly behind you.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
One little problem with that; you would be looking at yourself any time the monitor was off.
I think I would have to mount it on the dash.

Top Bottom