• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Age Poll Thread For Demographic Research

What is your age

• Total voters

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Certainly need to expand the categories for those of us over 62. Just look at the people participating in the forum and it is easy to see many of us are retired, and many long ago, who are excited about the Elio. It might surprise a lot of people to find out how many "seniors" of all ages are Elio fans.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cobra-Pilot.
I flew gunner out over the ocean in an AH-1 Cobra at Hunter AAF, Ga in 1970 after the ship came out of periodic maintenance, where I was a mechanic. That was a trip.
Ended up serving as crew-chief on a UH-1D Huey (ship 054 at Ascom AB in Bup-Yeong Korea) and 200+ hours flight time. Although I was drafted, it all was an experience I will always remember.
Ascom was the Transition Center for all the Army military coming and going from Korea back in the day. Go Elio.

Last edited:

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still love the sounds of a huey. There was a sense of security from that sound

Agreed.
But a Cobra, w/rotor blades 50% wider than the UH-1, had a rap-rap sound all its' own. Hunter AAB, had and I assume still has Cobra Hall, where many AH-1s'
are/were stationed. But I have a lot of good memories crewing the UH-1. Go Elio.:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom