• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Alaska Elios

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
One here in the Fairbanks area, any more in the state? Have seen one Dead Horse worker that resides in Oregon so far. I'm guessing that there will be a couple Elios heading North over the ALCAN.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One here in the Fairbanks area, any more in the state? Have seen one Dead Horse worker that resides in Oregon so far. I'm guessing that there will be a couple Elios heading North over the ALCAN.
Welcome R8ORTWoody. I know there is one person on here who plans on taking an Elio to Alaska because he has mentioned the need for taking a spare windshield because of the bad roads. I'm not sure whether he lives in Alaska year around or not. I see you have been on here since 2/3 so you are probably familiar with what goes on. I simply wanted you to know I am happy to see another western region state populated by Elios. :-) Z

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome R8ORTWoody. I know there is one person on here who plans on taking an Elio to Alaska because he has mentioned the need for taking a spare windshield because of the bad roads. I'm not sure whether he lives in Alaska year around or not. I see you have been on here since 2/3 so you are probably familiar with what goes on. I simply wanted you to know I am happy to see another western region state populated by Elios. :) Z
It gets better than that, I'm the one that'll be purchasing the spare windshield! Additionally, I have a place out of Marsing, ID and am fairly familiar with "southern Oregon - from Lakeview east. But, am a full time resident of Alaska.
Getting used to how this site worked has been a bit of a learning curve. Now, I've been at it long enough to see simular topic discussions cycling back as reruns. Your posts tilted me towards "Creamsicle" or yellow if it becomes available, both being generally more "sightable" than the other offered colors. Take care and thanks for the "Welcome".

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It gets better than that, I'm the one that'll be purchasing the spare windshield! Additionally, I have a place out of Marsing, ID and am fairly familiar with "southern Oregon - from Lakeview east. But, am a full time resident of Alaska.
Getting used to how this site worked has been a bit of a learning curve. Now, I've been at it long enough to see simular topic discussions cycling back as reruns. Your posts tilted me towards "Creamsicle" or yellow if it becomes available, both being generally more "sightable" than the other offered colors. Take care and thanks for the "Welcome".
Oh well, I tried. LOL I looked up both Marsing (I spent most of my grade school years in Kuna)and Lakeview. I guess the closest I have been to Lakeview was one of my early trips from San Francisco to Poulsbo, WA to visit family. I made that trip by car once and then a 2nd time was by Amtrak. I see it is high country. I moved from Pocatello, ID when I retired in 2009 to get away from high country. I have to use oxygen at high elevations. Not something I want to do again. I love where I live now because I am 1 1/2 hours from the coast and 1 1/2 hours from Crater Lake. Both trips are on winding roads through mountains and trees and along rivers or streams. Totally beautiful trips. I can see my Creamsicle Elio taking the curves in stride. LOL In fact one of the reasons I did not choose the Sour Apple was because I live in a green part of the country and I don't want to blend in with the land scape. I hope someone else joins the site from Alaska. I know there is a couple in Medford, a man in Jacksonville, a man in Cottage Grove and I think a man in Bend all "all in" with numbers. I saw there names on the Elio Facebook Google Map. Someone was kind enough to put the link in one of the posts so I check it periodically. As far as I know none of them are on this website. I am the only one who is "all in" at $100. I hope to up that to $500 over the next several months. I love my Elio! Z

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh well, I tried. LOL I looked up both Marsing (I spent most of my grade school years in Kuna)and Lakeview. I guess the closest I have been to Lakeview was one of my early trips from San Francisco to Poulsbo, WA to visit family. I made that trip by car once and then a 2nd time was by Amtrak. I see it is high country. I moved from Pocatello, ID when I retired in 2009 to get away from high country. I have to use oxygen at high elevations. Not something I want to do again. I love where I live now because I am 1 1/2 hours from the coast and 1 1/2 hours from Crater Lake. Both trips are on winding roads through mountains and trees and along rivers or streams. Totally beautiful trips. I can see my Creamsicle Elio taking the curves in stride. LOL In fact one of the reasons I did not choose the Sour Apple was because I live in a green part of the country and I don't want to blend in with the land scape. I hope someone else joins the site from Alaska. I know there is a couple in Medford, a man in Jacksonville, a man in Cottage Grove and I think a man in Bend all "all in" with numbers. I saw there names on the Elio Facebook Google Map. Someone was kind enough to put the link in one of the posts so I check it periodically. As far as I know none of them are on this website. I am the only one who is "all in" at $100. I hope to up that to $500 over the next several months. I love my Elio! Z
Six years at OSU convinced me that the annual monsoon season was good for ducks and beavers and lots of green trees. Am quite familiar with Kuna and Pocatallo, Medford, Roseburg and a fair amount of the "West Side". I'm a firm fan of "durability" which often comes at the price of weight. Hence, I've been watching the AIV engine and driveline topics and dove far enough into the shell construction to feel confortable. It's not likley that I'll actually see an Elio vehicle - except in pictures, untill I take delivery at Shreveport. In the mean time, I'll remain "all in" at the $100. level. Working with dogs, flying an airplane, riding a motorcycle and other time consuming vices tend to keep me "humble".

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Six years at OSU convinced me that the annual monsoon season was good for ducks and beavers and lots of green trees. Am quite familiar with Kuna and Pocatallo, Medford, Roseburg and a fair amount of the "West Side". I'm a firm fan of "durability" which often comes at the price of weight. Hence, I've been watching the AIV engine and driveline topics and dove far enough into the shell construction to feel confortable. It's not likley that I'll actually see an Elio vehicle - except in pictures, untill I take delivery at Shreveport. In the mean time, I'll remain "all in" at the $100. level. Working with dogs, flying an airplane, riding a motorcycle and other time consuming vices tend to keep me "humble".
So what do you do with all your spare time? LOL I am also a member on elioclub.org and there is one person listed on the Alaska Elio Eskimos forum - led2preach. He is talking about driving his Elio the full length of Alaska and then driving it to Mexico. I'm not active on that website because I find it harder to navigate. Slowly but surely I have been able to figure this one out. I have had very little luck on that one and it is more difficult for me to read. Z

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What kind of work do you do with dogs? Do you train sled dogs or is that a stereotype?
Deutsch Drahthaars , versitle hunting dogs but I did hook them up to a sled once - but I got tired of pulling it (smart dogs)! The Elio person proposing a trip from Homer to Dead Horse then on to Mexico doesn't provide an Alaska address. The Oregon resident working at Dead Horse was trying to get Elio Motors interested in a sponsership which they didn't seem to be interested in. If you can find the old posting on the windshield, I was replying to one of his posts.

Top Bottom