• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All About The Horn

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it needs at least a dual tone from a Dodge Truck or quad tone from a Caddilac.

There are other options. I once put a horn on my lowered, brite red, GMC Sonoma. I got it at Freightliner! Cost: under $50...By the time I bought the compressor, air tank, air lines, compression fittings & wire, I had close to $300 invested. Sounded AWESOME tho. Then I put a small air horn (compressor included)on my Honda Helix. Got it at Auto Zone for about $40. Added a relay, and some wire. had about $55 in it. Not as good as the Semi horn, but loud enough.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I looked online at car horns. They are relatively cheap and easy to install. I may get some for my Kia Sorrento. It has quite the wimpy horn.
I reached back to this post from 'Neal', about an Air Horn, to post the Cheapest price I've found on a horn.
As my Sorento also has a wimpie sound, like a Very Weak 'Road Runner' beep-beep. No body is going to take me serious with that.
Found this on Ebay, 19.99$ with free shipping from California. I'll order one, mount it, and give some feed back.
Here is the seller, can't find the ebay number, http://www.ebay.com/usr/hiparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 or mabe I did. And NO I'm not the seller.
12V SUPER-LOUD AIR HORN Powerful dual horns blare out a warning that can't be
ignored. Comes complete with a 12V compressor, relay, tubing, and mounting
hardware. Easy installation, Weather-resistant PVC and galvanized metal, Super-
loud 118 dB
Powerful dual horns blare out a warning that cannot be ignored.
Easy installation
Super-loud 118 db
Compressor size 11.3cm length ,4.7cm upper diameter
Trumpet Size
(Long Horn) 21.7cm length ,7.7cm Round diameter
(Short Horn) 16.6cm length,7cm Round diameter
Hose 50cm length

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it needs at least a dual tone from a Dodge Truck or quad tone from a Caddilac.
careful guys, on those little cars there may not be a horn relay, in which case you'll need one before putting bigger horns in the place of the little ones. If you do a direct swap of horns the wiring and switch might not be adequate. You'll probably get away with it for a short time, but sooner or later something in the circuit will blow or melt. Gooey cheese is tastey, but gooey wiring is a fire hazard for cars. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are SO totally RIGHT ! I have a 1929 Gazelle Kit car and the BIG CHROME horns are so LOUD people tend to jump out of the way !

Yes, would want to be noticed imediately, since the horn is being used for safety! It is the audible alert to warn others! People may use it on ocassion for other actions, yet it's primary use is to warn others of a dangerous situation. A loud engough horn or the pitch in the note can stop a vehicle imediately from getting too close to a parked or moving Elio. Can alert an animal of oncoming Elio. Many posiblilities which a horn is viral to preventing an incident.
Terrence Bernard

Top Bottom