• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All In...hyperbole

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all in means one thing...all in..not all in for $100 or $1000. All in is ALL in.

Elio you wanna use the term all in(or was it someone puffing up on here), then come on let us go "All in". Offer us a chance to put in five grand and you half match it so the boat is paid for.

Please

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all in means one thing...all in..not all in for $100 or $1000. All in is ALL in.

Elio you wanna use the term all in(or was it someone puffing up on here), then come on let us go "All in". Offer us a chance to put in five grand and you half match it so the boat is paid for.

Please
I'd go in for $4000 with a $4000 match. I'd hate to put the company out of business though.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd go in for $4000 with a $4000 match. I'd hate to put the company out of business though.
Why would I want to do anything that might hurt my chance of getting this car? I do not usually equate success with money but frankly if Elio doesn't make some money on this endeavor then it is not going to happen. I was offered $6800, I agreed to $6800 and that is what I am willing to pay. If I choose to add options then so be it but I don't want to cheat them out of the profit they have earned in developing this vehicle, and need to survive as a company. Nor do I want to see the Elio sent out of this country to be built because they can't afford to pay American workers. Sorry guys, this is one time this woman is not going to agree with you. :-) Z

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would I want to do anything that might hurt my chance of getting this car? I do not usually equate success with money but frankly if Elio doesn't make some money on this endeavor then it is not going to happen. I was offered $6800, I agreed to $6800 and that is what I am willing to pay. If I choose to add options then so be it but I don't want to cheat them out of the profit they have earned in developing this vehicle, and need to survive as a company. Nor do I want to see the Elio sent out of this country to be built because they can't afford to pay American workers. Sorry guys, this is one time this woman is not going to agree with you. :) Z
I hear you. Its a big ??? Lots of other pitfalls.
Anyway, I doubt they would do it. Like 99.99% doubt it. But if they did it on a very limited basis and then wrote it off as advertising it might make sense.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you. Its a big ??? Lots of other pitfalls.
Anyway, I doubt they would do it. Like 99.99% doubt it. But if they did it on a very limited basis and then wrote it off as advertising it might make sense.

Stick with what is working & KISS, 13K+ Res. so far & growing, growing, looks like their on the right track.................. :)

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well my main reason for posting the way I posed it was to point out that we are NOT "all in" at $1000. We are roughly 17% in.
But if allowed, and he needed the seed money now, I'd be happy to give him five grand if he'd match it with $2500 off the sticker of one...THAT is ALL IN.

Scott Miller

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well my main reason for posting the way I posed it was to point out that we are NOT "all in" at $1000. We are roughly 17% in.
But if allowed, and he needed the seed money now, I'd be happy to give him five grand if he'd match it with $2500 off the sticker of one...THAT is ALL IN.
I tend to agree with this. If you can go 500 on 1K you should be able to go 2500 on 5K. But with that kind of "deposit" I would have to have some sort of guaranteed refund. Like 75% or something in the event they renege on the deal. I don't understand why they just don't provide a private stock offering. I'm sure plenty of us would want to pony up to have a humble piece of the pie!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this. If you can go 500 on 1K you should be able to go 2500 on 5K. But with that kind of "deposit" I would have to have some sort of guaranteed refund. Like 75% or something in the event they renege on the deal. I don't understand why they just don't provide a private stock offering. I'm sure plenty of us would want to pony up to have a humble piece of the pie!

I expect a pso has been considered & some form of stock offer will be forthcoming after initial production commences....... :)

Top Bottom