• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All In...hyperbole

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point of the reservation system. Surely the rich Mr. Elio doesn't need our paltry $100 - $1,000 to start the company. The math doesn't even make sense. 4,000 people X $1,000 is only $4M and while that's a lot more than I have, it's VERY far from the $80M or so that he needs to get this thing going. I know - "But there are 13K+ reservations now". That may be the case but I'm just now seeing reservation numbers hitting the 3,000 mark. that means there are a lot of people probably in the $100 range. In fact, I would bet that MOST people fit in three categories - $1K all in, $100 all in, and $100 refundable. The reservation system is to get a (mostly) guaranteed market for the car. If he just started producing them without having people waiting, the cars would sit in dealers lots and he'd be waiting for word to get out while production would be slow. If he has 40K or so people who are "all in" at any dollar amount, he can ramp up production from the get-go and probably have so much demand by the time those 40K are out driving his by then, 40K strong sales force that he will have trouble making enough of them.
I hope you are right....That means we will be able to sell our ELIO in 2 years and buy the newest version with little investment. I'm thinking I should at least get $3000 dollars out of the car after 2 years! Double D

Top Bottom