• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I see it, if you didn't own it and have it in your possession it doesn't really count.
One person has already tried the purist game...... "But it came with a monitor".
I think it's more about what you did with it.
For instance, my old "trash 80".
If you have ever designed a band pass filter you understand that designing it is the easy part.
Trying to find standard components that don't break the bank is where it gets tough.
Picking components so that you don't have to compromise performance too much to get a price point is the trick.
Incidentally, the band pass filters were used with direct boxes to pick up sound directly from Fender amplifiers for a band I worked with.
I think one of the most fun computers I had was a 3B2-300 running SVr3.2 with a AT&T 615MT monitor. (in 1988)
It was a challenge finding compatible modems and making cables to match AT&Ts proprietary cables.
I finally gave it away when I moved to Texas.

Had a Tandy 6000HD. I think it was a TRS-80 with 2x 8" floppies and a 2MB hard drive AND a built in 1200baud modem.

I still have the 8" floppies.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 9345
Me at the Smithsonian.
That is truly a work of art; but I still have to wonder what the Italian espresso machine they sent up the ISS is doing at the Smithsonian and not MOMO.

P.S. Are you a ginger? Because there's this whole "Ginger Jokes" video over at YouTube, where these hot Irish girls (all redheads) read these jokes about redheads they've collected.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is truly a work of art; but I still have to wonder what the Italian espresso machine they sent up the ISS is doing at the Smithsonian and not MOMO.

P.S. Are you a ginger? Because there's this whole "Ginger Jokes" video over at YouTube, where these hot Irish girls (all redheads) read these jokes about redheads they've collected.
I used to be a redhead (that pic is now 16 years old), but in my later years I've gone brown, I don't know if that excludes me from the club or not at this point.
But I'll try my best to be offended by the jokes.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! yours was a really high tech unit.
Mine was a Model 1 Level 1. You stored your programs on a cassette tape and read them in from it.
My old TI 99/4A had the capability for a tape drive. IIRC, you hooked up a regular tape deck via an audio cable, and saved your programs on regular old audio cassette tapes. Sure sounded funny when you tried to listen to one of the tapes by mistake.

Top Bottom