• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

An Interesting Photo That Highlights The Compact Size Of The Elio Vehicle

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, it took 52 months to get to 65K reservations. If Elio would have got 65K reservations in 6 months, then that would have demonstrated significant interest in the product where 200K wouldn't be a stretch. As has been covered before, when Elio sells those first 65K units, they are banking on an average sales price of $10,700 and an additional $110M in new reservations. They will need it since they will be leaving millions on the table due to the prior discounts and deposits that were already spent a few years ago. I don't know what 200K represents but if it's some sort of milestone then OK. You have to ask, How long will it take to sell 200K? Will the average price actually be $10,700? Will $110M in new reservations happen?

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
the idea that 200K Elios sold is not hard to understand with 65,000 reservations 200K is hardly a stretch.

Remember, it took 52 months to get to 65K reservations. If Elio would have got 65K reservations in 6 months, then that would have demonstrated significant interest in the product where 200K wouldn't be a stretch. As has been covered before, when Elio sells those first 65K units, they are banking on an average sales price of $10,700 and an additional $110M in new reservations. They will need it since they will be leaving millions on the table due to the prior discounts and deposits that were already spent a few years ago. I don't know what 200K represents but if it's some sort of milestone then OK. You have to ask, How long will it take to sell 200K? Will the average price actually be $10,700? Will $110M in new reservations happen?

Its a pretty big stretch IMO....And it would be a very good bet that a large percentage of those 65K reservations have since moved on.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a large percentage has moved on....

I haven’t and won’t give up until they throw in the towel . If they can’t do it maybe another company will. So far I havent seen anything to match the Elio in all aspects.

Millions of people don’t even know about the Elio. If the thing ever hit the market - I still say they won’t be able to make them fast enough to meet demand. 84mpg... $7,500.... new and not half worn out... and don’t have to worry about an extension cord ;)

C’mon Paul ..... get it done!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a large percentage has moved on....

I haven’t and won’t give up until they throw in the towel . If they can’t do it maybe another company will. So far I havent seen anything to match the Elio in all aspects.

Millions of people don’t even know about the Elio. If the thing ever hit the market - I still say they won’t be able to make them fast enough to meet demand. 84mpg... $7,500.... new and not half worn out... and don’t have to worry about an extension cord ;)

C’mon Paul ..... get it done!!
Would you pay $20K for a 50mpg Elio if another company took it over?

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you pay $20K for a 50mpg Elio if another company took it over?

That’s a tough question for me. Compared to other vehicles - it could be very well worth 20k. I’m sure I’m in a minority , but I think vehicles as a whole are over priced. Then again, they’re packed with “stuff”. I view the Elio to be utilitarian along with being fun. I like the common sense and simplistic no frills approach - and the enclosed, three wheel approach hits the nail on the head. In my book - the Elio would be worth more than the $7,500 .... but that price range puts it within the reach of just about anyone. We have enough $25k, $35k, $55k enclosed vehicles. There needs to be a massed produced vehicle that is truly affordable....

I could afford the $20k for it... but might have to think twice. At $7,500 - $10k it would be a no brainer... that’s just me...

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$7,500 and 84 MPG appear to be deposit generating promises.

I see no proof that either one of those specifications are ever going to be available to consumers.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In 1999 I bought a $20K, 50 mpg vehicle. It was a Jetta TDI. I bought the top of the line version and it was $20K out the door (TT&L). The base model would have been $18K. Had it until 2017 and sold it. EPA rating 42/49. It would get 52 mpg normally on a trip running about 70 mph. Most reliable car I ever owned.

Top Bottom